Bernice, I agree.

I am an old man hobbyist, just turned 69, started shooting formal portraits with DSLR D70 15 years ago. Mostly Punk Rockers.

I shot snapshot Pentax H3 from 1957, until D70, good travel pics. Sunny 16, never a meter.

Now 12 years retired from my automotive career.

LF gets me up in morning. But sometimes I lose steam.

I shot a woman friend 2 months ago with 11x14 HP5 in studio, the 5X7's were bad, so I didn't develop the 11X14 as I figured i blew focus on them also. My D750 shots were good of course. Backup...

2 days ago I processed the 11X14 and was greatly surprised how good they are. Scanned on V700, copied on light panel with iPhone.

The head shots will be contact printed this week.

However the sitter wants all Digi destroyed and prints only for her. I will keep negs and 2 prints. No showing them here.

As I am sure some have noticed, I have posted some real bad outside 5X7 images lately. So be it, I will work on that.

I like studio work, by myself and one sitter. I also like still life with made up sets.

Not a hiker. Last year was my last motorcycle ride after 55 years. I do not want a final fall. The bike will be a photo prop...

It occurs to me, some of us are 'reenactors' of old photography. I am a docent at a Historical Village, my self defined task is shooting old time style group images, in 1890 costume and camera gear.

I used to shoot events, such as documentary movie openings now I am convinced there is never a need for 99% of those paparazzi shots. Just pop the flash a 100 times and leave. Shot 8 years of a big Chicago Film Fest.

They deleted it all.