Thread: The new Ektachrome E100, Tetenal E6 and Jobo

The new Ektachrome E100, Tetenal E6 and Jobo

Hi folks,

When I develop Provia 100F with the Tetenal kit using my Jobo CPA2 I use slightly longer developing times then what is stated in the Tetenal instructions. And I suspect Im not the only one doing this.

With Ektachrome now on larger formats... did anyone develop this film themselves? And if so, did you extend the times compared to what is stated in the instructions for better (or worse) results?

Cheers
    Peter

Re: The new Ektachrome E100, Tetenal E6 and Jobo

Peter,

This might not be very helpful but I have processed it only in the 35 format so far and everything was processed at recommended temps and times. I have also never extended the time for Provia or Velvia with the same exact combo (CPP2 and Tetenal E6) and have consistently gotten intended results.

I did just get 120 fresh rolls delivered this week and a box of 4x5 should also be arriving soon. Iíll update my experience in this thread once I shoot process those but my goal at the time being is to process at recommended times at 38c (100f) temperature. The only variation I sometimes do is blix for a little longer around 8/9 minutes if mixed chemicals have been used more than 3 times.

Regards,

Pali

Re: The new Ektachrome E100, Tetenal E6 and Jobo

Hey,

Thanks. I suppose it might mean that I will have to develop Ektachrome the same way I develop my Provia (7:15). If I develop according to the Tetenal instructions the colors are to deep... or contain to much black (Im not sure how to explain it). Searching abit online it seemed like some people meant that Provia needed slightly more time than many other slide films (ie Kodak actually). After extending the time I got the results I expected, and intended :-)

I guess the only way to figure this out though is to try it and see whatever happens.

Im keen to learn what you figure out though.
    Thanks again.

Peter