Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water marks

Re: Water marks

Quote Originally Posted by davewell View Post
    Just a follow up to this post. I think I have solved the problem.
    The film that I was developing was stored in the fridge. I took it out for about 15 minutes before loading it in a dark bag. I believe that the film was still cool when it was being loaded and perhaps even some moisture has drawn it closer to the film holders leaving marks when it is dry.
    I left more film out overnight and developed it today with no problems.
    Something to keep in mind for those who are using this system.
    Cheers,
    I have my sheet film in sealed freezer bags in the fridge. I take them out at least 2 hours before I load film and I don't open the bag until it's time to load. I don't bag my roll film because it is already in a sealed bag.

I'm having the same issue as the OP, and the film hasn't been stored in the fridge. I also have rev 4 holders. It didn't appear when I first started using it, but now after about 40ish sheets, it seems to appear on every negative. I haven't changed my process at all. While it doesn't appear to show in scans, it is concerning. I'm starting to look for other solutions at this point.

Are you pre-soaking the film before development?

I've had similar problems with FP4 which disappeared once i stopped pre-soaking.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Are you pre-soaking the film before development?

I've had similar problems with FP4 which disappeared once i stopped pre-soaking.

Mike
    Mike, are you using a Jobo or one of these Stearman tanks?

Tom

I was using a Jobo, but prefer the Paterson Orbital.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fdrsblanket View Post
    I'm having the same issue as the OP, and the film hasn't been stored in the fridge. I also have rev 4 holders. It didn't appear when I first started using it, but now after about 40ish sheets, it seems to appear on every negative. I haven't changed my process at all. While it doesn't appear to show in scans, it is concerning. I'm starting to look for other solutions at this point.
    Have you tried cleaning the holders with alcohol? Sounds like maybe a residue buildup...?

@grat, I have tried cleaning with alcohol, and I also avoid dunking the holders in photo-flo.
    @mpirie, I do pre-soak. I'll try your recommendation on skipping and see what happens.