Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jasper National Park Fall 2020

Re: Jasper National Park Fall 2020

Consider https://gotenna.com/ it works with your cell phone in areas with no coverage, IF enough use it

You can find out if your destination park has users, or use it with family only when out of sight

I have 2 but around here nobody else has it and we do have vast dead spots
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Consider https://gotenna.com/ it works with your cell phone in areas with no coverage, IF enough use it

You can find out if your destination park has users, or use it with family only when out of sight

I have 2 but around here nobody else has it and we do have vast dead spots
    Great suggestion. I will check it out. I also need to verify the charges/capabilities for using my cell in Canada (international) versus my US customer plan. Best to verify these ahead of time rather than getting that Oh S$%^ billing and be completely at the mercy of some customer representative online. It is nearly as bad as leaving a front swing on your camera before you break it down and forgetting about it. Whoops....

If you are driving and going to be in Glacier on the Montana side drive up through the Chief Mountain border crossing and hit Waterton Lakes National Park. It's small, beautiful and not full of tourists. Red Rock Canyon. Cameron Lake and the Prince of Wales Hotel overlooking one of the Waterton Lakes are worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    If you are driving and going to be in Glacier on the Montana side drive up through the Chief Mountain border crossing and hit Waterton Lakes National Park. It's small, beautiful and not full of tourists. Red Rock Canyon. Cameron Lake and the Prince of Wales Hotel overlooking one of the Waterton Lakes are worthwhile
    I grew up in Montana and was looking at a map for that very route. Thanks for the suggestions. I remember in geology class in college the story of the town of Frank that was buried in a landslide back in the early 1900's somewhere in this vicinity. Quite an ominous legacy as fate would have it. Boulders the size of trucks everywhere as I remember going there as a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I grew up in Montana and was looking at a map for that very route. Thanks for the suggestions. I remember in geology class in college the story of the town of Frank that was buried in a landslide back in the early 1900's somewhere in this vicinity. Quite an ominous legacy as fate would have it. Boulders the size of trucks everywhere as I remember going there as a youngster.
    Yes the Frank Slide in the Crows nest Pass.

The closest international airports to Jasper National Park are Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. We flew to Calgary as it was the cheapest option back then.
    Some of the must-see places the stole my heart and soul Athabasca Glacier, Maligne Lake and the nearby (about 20-25 miles) Maligne Canyon.

Plans to make this trip were set back due to the pandemic but I am still hopeful we can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Plans to make this trip were set back due to the pandemic but I am still hopeful we can pull it off.
    I'm constantly checking the US-Canada border updates. Fingers crossed!