Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jasper National Park Fall 2020

Ray Van Nes

Re: Jasper National Park Fall 2020

Thank you Merg. We have a very good international airport and lots of car rentals.

One thing about flying to Calgary: if at all possible, get a direct flight. Avoid changing planes in Vancouver. That is where you will have to clear customs. It's busy. We missed our connection, and the next one, and the next one.....Eventually caught the last flight out, and of course killed a half day of shooting.
    But you won't regret the trip.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidFisk View Post
    One thing about flying to Calgary: if at all possible, get a direct flight. Avoid changing planes in Vancouver. That is where you will have to clear customs. It's busy. We missed our connection, and the next one, and the next one.....Eventually caught the last flight out, and of course killed a half day of shooting.
    But you won't regret the trip.
    Spent the last few days looking at airfare and rental cars. Our sons will be flying in from San Francisco and we are in Denver. Yes, Calgary is a direct inexpensive flight and the way we will proceed. I have a challenge I am working on. Do I fly to Calgary with my 8x10 and just do the trip with one format or do I drive my truck and take the 8x20 and the Deardorff V11 as well as a broader selection of optics and more film holders? Driving up would take longer but I would be able to photograph along the way through Wyoming (Yellowstone Park) and Montana (Glacier Park). Will give it some more thought as both paths have positives and negatives (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by michael kadillak View Post
    spent the last few days looking at airfare and rental cars. Our sons will be flying in from san francisco and we are in denver. Yes, calgary is a direct inexpensive flight and the way we will proceed. I have a challenge i am working on. Do i fly to calgary with my 8x10 and just do the trip with one format or do i drive my truck and take the 8x20 and the deardorff v11 as well as a broader selection of optics and more film holders? Driving up would take longer but i would be able to photograph along the way through wyoming (yellowstone park) and montana (glacier park). Will give it some more thought as both paths have positives and negatives (no pun intended).
    drive !!!!
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    drive !!!!
    Yup. Think that is the game plan. With the truck I can be loaded for bear figuratively speaking. What is the old saying.

Go Big Or Go Home.