Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long throw cable release - Betax shutter

Re: Long throw cable release - Betax shutter

I have an ilex #5 shutter that can only be fired with my Prontor cable release. All my other (6) cable releases, which are not Prontors, will not fire the Ilex #5 shutter.

Specs for the Prontor cable release are: 10 inches long, clothed wrapped and has a 2 centimeter throw, which converts to approx. a 20 millimeter throw.

I hope this helps.
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Got this for the Ilex 5, it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's rewind here... The Betax #4 socket is threaded for an old style tip that is a straight thread, not tapered... If a tapered tip is used, it had a different thread pitch, diameter, and thread profile... It might just engage holding on to one thin thread (by its fingernails), but will fail in the near future, esp with the harder engagement force due to the self cocking shutter...

He will need the proper tipped release for long term (proper) use... I posted the only semi-modern release that is proven to work... Jac posted the dimensions to this tip in an old post... (Where is Jac these days, I hope he is well...)

Keep looking...

Steve K