Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: 4x5 enlarger

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,724

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    ah the frustration. So now I have two lenses a lens board and a lens turret that are all useless until I source other parts. Turret 39mm holes, lens board about 50.5mm not threaded, useless because the piece to mount the board to the enlarger is missing, I'm guessing it was removed to install the turret. 150mm lens 42mm, 135mm lens 50mm that I can mount to the board.
    Why donít you ask Beseler themselves?

  2. #42
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,199

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Not a fan of the turret

    My Beseler V-XL has an 8X10 conversion and uses a custom lens board to mount an EL-Nikkor 240mm f5.6 which is massive. I bought the system used and drove 1200 miles round trip for it.

    Now you need a parts enlarger, the single lens 'board' on CB7, MX4X5 and all 23 medium format Beseler enlargers are the same.

    No rules, make it work. I use hole saws often...

    Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    ah the frustration. So now I have two lenses a lens board and a lens turret that are all useless until I source other parts. Turret 39mm holes, lens board about 50.5mm not threaded, useless because the piece to mount the board to the enlarger is missing, I'm guessing it was removed to install the turret. 150mm lens 42mm, 135mm lens 50mm that I can mount to the board.
    sin eater

  3. #43
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,199

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Forgot to add the V-XL also used the same lens board, but mine was milled from alu to make it fit the giant lens.

    Yes, you may be able to buy parts, usually a parts enlarger is far cheaper.

    No mod done to the actual mounting area
    sin eater

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    95

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Why don’t you ask Beseler themselves?
    I actually sent them an email tonight.

  5. #45

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    95

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Not a fan of the turret

    My Beseler V-XL has an 8X10 conversion and uses a custom lens board to mount an EL-Nikkor 240mm f5.6 which is massive. I bought the system used and drove 1200 miles round trip for it.

    Now you need a parts enlarger, the single lens 'board' on CB7, MX4X5 and all 23 medium format Beseler enlargers are the same.

    No rules, make it work. I use hole saws often...
    Never used a turret, but I'm not opposed to using individual lens boards. Only problem is there is nothing to attach them to. Once the turret is removed the hole looks like the shape of the negative holder.

  7. #47
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,199

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    There must be holes for bolting the refit in.

    I suggest you appeal for parts on the WTB thread.

    I don't have any and looking at eBay right now I regret giving away some of my Beseler

    Also ask for a parts list with diagrams for your exact MX

    Here's a look up inside the CB7 and i bet some of those parts are the same

    CB7 Lens Board area by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

    Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    Never used a turret, but I'm not opposed to using individual lens boards. Only problem is there is nothing to attach them to. Once the turret is removed the hole looks like the shape of the negative holder.
    sin eater

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    southwest,Virginia
    Posts
    173

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    You probably need to get one of these.http://store.khbphotografix.com/50mm...ns-Turret.html Maybe beseler sells them.

  9. #49
    loujon
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western, PA.
    Posts
    1,511

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    You probably need to get one of these.http://store.khbphotografix.com/50mm...ns-Turret.html Maybe beseler sells them.
    You are absolutely correct. I have several late model Beseler MXII models two with turrets and those two both have the 39mm-50mm spacer. What this does other then convert the 39mm -50mm is give the space so the very rear element of the 135-150mm lens is FLUSH with the rotating turret like the other 39mm smaller format lenses do. Now you can turn the turret freely to any of the 3 focal lengths. I have two w/ turrets w/ one set with 50-80-135 & the other with 60-100-150 & both the 135mm & the 150mm use this spacer.
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 18-Jan-2020 at 07:41. Reason: add

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    95

    Re: 4x5 enlarger

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    You probably need to get one of these.http://store.khbphotografix.com/50mm...ns-Turret.html Maybe beseler sells them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I have several late model Beseler MXII models two with turrets and those two both have the 39mm-50mm spacer. What this does other then convert the 39mm -50mm is give the space so the very rear element of the 135-150mm lens is FLUSH with the rotating turret like the other 39mm smaller format lenses do. Now you can turn the turret freely to any of the 3 focal lengths. I have two w/ turrets w/ one set with 50-80-135 & the other with 60-100-150 & both the 135mm & the 150mm use this spacer.
    I actually need that one fro my 135mm lens and the #8372 39mm to 42mm for my 150mm lens. Just have to find them. I have an email in to Beseler but I think they are closed for the weekend.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6-Feb-2015, 07:47

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •