Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4x5 enlarger

Re: 4x5 enlarger

Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    ah the frustration. So now I have two lenses a lens board and a lens turret that are all useless until I source other parts. Turret 39mm holes, lens board about 50.5mm not threaded, useless because the piece to mount the board to the enlarger is missing, I'm guessing it was removed to install the turret. 150mm lens 42mm, 135mm lens 50mm that I can mount to the board.
    Why don’t you ask Beseler themselves?

Not a fan of the turret

My Beseler V-XL has an 8X10 conversion and uses a custom lens board to mount an EL-Nikkor 240mm f5.6 which is massive. I bought the system used and drove 1200 miles round trip for it.

Now you need a parts enlarger, the single lens 'board' on CB7, MX4X5 and all 23 medium format Beseler enlargers are the same.

No rules, make it work. I use hole saws often...

ah the frustration. So now I have two lenses a lens board and a lens turret that are all useless until I source other parts. Turret 39mm holes, lens board about 50.5mm not threaded, useless because the piece to mount the board to the enlarger is missing, I'm guessing it was removed to install the turret. 150mm lens 42mm, 135mm lens 50mm that I can mount to the board.
    Tin Can

Forgot to add the V-XL also used the same lens board, but mine was milled from alu to make it fit the giant lens.

Yes, you may be able to buy parts, usually a parts enlarger is far cheaper.

No mod done to the actual mounting area
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Why don’t you ask Beseler themselves?
    I actually sent them an email tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Not a fan of the turret

My Beseler V-XL has an 8X10 conversion and uses a custom lens board to mount an EL-Nikkor 240mm f5.6 which is massive. I bought the system used and drove 1200 miles round trip for it.

Now you need a parts enlarger, the single lens 'board' on CB7, MX4X5 and all 23 medium format Beseler enlargers are the same.

No rules, make it work. I use hole saws often...
    Never used a turret, but I'm not opposed to using individual lens boards. Only problem is there is nothing to attach them to. Once the turret is removed the hole looks like the shape of the negative holder.

There must be holes for bolting the refit in.

I suggest you appeal for parts on the WTB thread.

I don't have any and looking at eBay right now I regret giving away some of my Beseler

Also ask for a parts list with diagrams for your exact MX

Here's a look up inside the CB7 and i bet some of those parts are the same

CB7 Lens Board area by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Never used a turret, but I'm not opposed to using individual lens boards. Only problem is there is nothing to attach them to. Once the turret is removed the hole looks like the shape of the negative holder.
    Tin Can

You probably need to get one of these.http://store.khbphotografix.com/50mm...ns-Turret.html Maybe beseler sells them.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    You probably need to get one of these.http://store.khbphotografix.com/50mm...ns-Turret.html Maybe beseler sells them.
    You are absolutely correct. I have several late model Beseler MXII models two with turrets and those two both have the 39mm-50mm spacer. What this does other then convert the 39mm -50mm is give the space so the very rear element of the 135-150mm lens is FLUSH with the rotating turret like the other 39mm smaller format lenses do. Now you can turn the turret freely to any of the 3 focal lengths. I have two w/ turrets w/ one set with 50-80-135 & the other with 60-100-150 & both the 135mm & the 150mm use this spacer.
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 18-Jan-2020 at 07:41. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I have several late model Beseler MXII models two with turrets and those two both have the 39mm-50mm spacer. What this does other then convert the 39mm -50mm is give the space so the very rear element of the 135-150mm lens is FLUSH with the rotating turret like the other 39mm smaller format lenses do. Now you can turn the turret freely to any of the 3 focal lengths. I have two w/ turrets w/ one set with 50-80-135 & the other with 60-100-150 & both the 135mm & the 150mm use this spacer.
    I actually need that one fro my 135mm lens and the #8372 39mm to 42mm for my 150mm lens. Just have to find them. I have an email in to Beseler but I think they are closed for the weekend.