Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Which Chamonix 4x5?

Re: Which Chamonix 4x5?

Quote Originally Posted by giganova View Post
    Chamonix is on top of my shortlist, but it seems I would have to wait for a new batch of cameras, no distributor in the US who has any ready to ship, and limited flights from China to the US at the moment, it would take months to get one. I guess I'll have two buy something else.
    ebay
    - catlabs - if You don't mind spending a bit more for a whole kit - or email them and see if you can get camera alone.
    there are a couple of others from Japan , shipping from there is usually fast.

Also post in the WTB section of the forum here.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

They have the 45-F2 in stock (in China). Hugo (https://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/) does a pretty good job of getting them drop shipped. I ordered the 45-N1 "Classic" (and apparently got the last one) mid-April, and it showed up in two weeks.

I've been really impressed with the build quality and thought that went into the design of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    Also post in the WTB section of the forum here.
    For sale forum isn't available to either him or me. I was able to order and receive a camera from China, 2 lenses from Japan, a light meter from New York and some film holders from Las Vegas... and still can't access the for sale forum.

Isn't shipping from China and Japan delayed because there are almost no fights t the US?

There are flights, but slower than usual. No EMS, FedEx takes about two weeks to reach your door. We ship 1-3 times a week now due to reduced flights. Used to be everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by giganova View Post
    Isn't shipping from China and Japan delayed because there are almost no fights t the US?
    Japan Post is running about a month behind, and not currently (as of a few days ago) accepting packages to the US.

However, FedEx from Japan is running pretty quick, and packages are taking less than a week to get here. Most eBay sellers are happy to send items FedEx.

As for China, my Chamonix took two or three days to actually board a plane, but as I said, still made it here in two weeks. I was grumbling to a friend of mine who pointed out "You typed some numbers into box in your house which sent money to someone in California who contacted some people in China, who packed up a camera and mailed it halfway around the world, in the middle of a global crisis, and you're complaining that it took two weeks?!?". It's good to have friends who can point out when you're being an idiot.

Hugo: Since you're here, a small note... I realize you don't include instructions with the camera, because it's supposed to be that easy to use (and it is), but I had the camera for three days before realizing that those two thumb-wheels are for removing the bellows from the rear standard.

Grat,

Nice that you have figured it out. Did you also happen to find a few masks in your package?

Yes. An unexpected, but welcome addition. Thanks!