Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What 8x10 changing bag do you use?

Re: What 8x10 changing bag do you use?

A Harrison Jumbo on the way to me. I'll store it hung up -- I do not know how long it has been stored in its box (buying it NIB)
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Sorry for the shift, but what about for loading 4x5 holders? I don;t otherwise develope or process at home and will be taking up large format.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Sorry for the shift, but what about for loading 4x5 holders? I don;t otherwise develope or process at home and will be taking up large format.
    My photoflex changing bag is just fine for 4x5. Tight on 8x10. I have to do some gymnastics inside to get the pull out the darkslide and move the film boxes and stuff. But it works. The alternative is waiting til night fall, going into my bathroom, and setting wood down on the floor and just do it in the dark like that.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    A large Omega Brandess would give you plenty of room--- 27"x30" for 4x5 holders
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drew Wiley

Harrison of course.

Eric Woodbury

Tent

A large standard bag for 4X5, as you need space for film boxes, holders empty and loaded, and gives you more room to work...

At home I took one one of those hanging file racks (from a file cabinet), made the corners less sharp (so they don't damage the bag), and put the rack inside the bag to open it for more space... Works like a tent, and folds flat too... Cheaper too, and also works if you have to work with some larger stuff like drums, larger film/paper etc...

Steve K

I just ordered the Harrison Original Film Changing Tent - Standard 35mm (36" x 27" x 14"). B&H had it on backorder. ($257) So I got it from FilmTools out in California ($248 including shipping, no NJ sales tax). Anyone ever deal with them?

Side question. Do you handle the film inside when loading the 4x5 holders with bare hands or gloves?

Anyone use these tents for developing?

Can your kids go camping in these?

My experience with film tools has been good. No gloves, wash my hands good with Dove dishwashing soap and then handle the film carefully by the edges. I've never considered the tent for development, as I’m sure that would be a disaster. Loading film in a daylight tank yes.

Roger

Drew Wiley

I have a Harrison Pup tent for 4x5 holders, the standard one for 8x10. Both have ample room.