Thread: Zero position is not centered? Arca swiss 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix

Zero position is not centered? Arca swiss 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix

Hi, Everyone. I’ve returned back 4x5 film photography since 20 years ago.
    I have an arca 4x5 f line classic. I’ve got an used arca 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix at a reasonable price luckily.

I checked all the movements and cleaned the metric camera on arrival.
    Does the rear frame need to be raised 2-3mm above the the zero position in order to align the center to the front orbix frame center? So the front and rear frame are at the same height from the rail.

The f line classic need not to be worried about the zero position of the rear frame because it is the same as the center of the front frame.

Arca-Swiss

Re: Zero position is not centered? Arca swiss 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix

Quote Originally Posted by mhayashi View Post
    Hi, Everyone. I’ve returned back 4x5 film photography since 20 years ago.
    I have an arca 4x5 f line classic. I’ve got an used arca 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix at a reasonable price luckily.

I checked all the movements and cleaned the metric camera on arrival.
    Does the rear frame need to be raised 2-3mm above the the zero position in order to align the center to the front orbix frame center? So the front and rear frame are at the same height from the rail.

The f line classic need not to be worried about the zero position of the rear frame because it is the same as the center of the front frame.
    The answer is yes. To center a rear frame with a front frame with MicroOrbix tilt installed, you need to raise the back a few mm so as not to damage the bellows when the camera is collapsed, and or Center to begin making your image.

Contact me if you need any more info on using your camera more efficiently. Remember MicroOrbix tilt is used via the same procedure as base tilt. Focus far and tilt near.

Be well,
    Rod klukas
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Re: Zero position is not centered? Arca swiss 4x5 metric w/ micrometric orbix

Thanks Rod. I got it.
    Your name is on the ground glass cover tape of the used metric I bought from KEH! I know you are the USA representative too.
    I’m surprised that the arca camera isn’t popular and so rare in Japan.

I fixed the ground glass frame position upside down, thinking why the former user set the frame in the wrong focal plane not parallel to the film plane.