Thread: MWLFA LF Print Show January 25, Chesterton, Indiana

MWLFA LF Print Show January 25, Chesterton, Indiana

The Midwest Large Format Asylum will host the 13th annual "Inspirational Saturday" print show on January 25th, 2020, in Chesterton, Indiana at the Best Western Hotel. It is an all-day event of viewing photographs made with large format cameras. No judging - no critiquing - just enjoying. It is a free event. All attending are welcome to bring a portfolio to view, but bringing a portfolio is not a requirement to attend. The only requirement to show prints is that all images were made with a large format camera. Prints can be darkroom, digital, or otherwise. As photographers attend from many states, many stay over Friday & Saturday night, when close lifelong relationships are made at dinners and breakfasts. More details can be found on our Facebook page. Hope you consider attending. More information can be on our Facebook page. Search Midwest Large Format Asylum.
    Last edited by rcjtapio; 4-Jan-2020 at 10:45.

Re: MWLFA LF Print Show January 25, Chesterton, Indiana

Here is a link to a short video made a few years ago that will give you a good idea of what "Inspirational Saturday" is all about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGL...6nKPZtRw_wKSOE

The website no longer exists, but you can now find us and additional information for the January 25th event on our Facebook page. Search Midwest Large Format Asylum.
    Last edited by rcjtapio; 4-Jan-2020 at 10:46.

Wish I could make it. Much in the way of inspiration.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Hey Rick,
    Is it okay to show prints of nudes? Start time? I don't use FB.
    Weather permitting I plan to be there.
    chris

I encourge others to attend. This is the best of all the photo events I have attended. Remarkable work and supportive group of the likeminded.

Super...it will be great to see you! Our only requirement to show prints is that the image was captured on a large format camera. Prints can be silver, digital or otherwise. There are no restrictions on subject matter. We are an informal group who have a like-mindedness interest in images made with large format cameras and have no other rules. BTW.....the event is free and you don't need a portfolio to attend. We have many people attend who are just thinking about entering the world of large format.

I'm planning to attend once again. Don't have a lot to show but hope to finish 4-5 pictures. That's another nice thing about this show. No print minimums. You can bring 1 print if you want. Looking forward to another great event.

Views You Can Use

I went last year and it is a supportive and encouraging group. I liked the informal gathering and sharing of new work and ideas. I learned a lot by seeing how the others approach their craft.