Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitten by the LF Bug!

Re: Bitten by the LF Bug!

I started my large format journey with a Sinar F 4 x 5 camera back in the 80s. I think I traded my Nikon F3 to get it at one of the big Los Angeles camera shops. This will be a great experience for you and I look forward to see how you progress. Plenty of helpful folks here to jump in as you can see. Get back to me when you're ready to move up to 8 x 20 ULF. I have plenty of helpful tips!

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

It's a good bug to be bitten by! Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Olson View Post
    I started my large format journey with a Sinar F 4 x 5 camera back in the 80s. I think I traded my Nikon F3 to get it at one of the big Los Angeles camera shops. This will be a great experience for you and I look forward to see how you progress. Plenty of helpful folks here to jump in as you can see. Get back to me when you're ready to move up to 8 x 20 ULF. I have plenty of helpful tips!
    Thanks, Rick. I too hope to make some progress, though I think it will be a loooong while before I'm anywhere close to ULF! I'll need a lot of tips to get 4x5 under my belt!

The camera has arrived and the Schneider Kreuznach 210mm f/5.6 APO Symmar (quite a mouthful!) is on it's way and should be here by next Friday. The roll-film holder arrives some time next week. Meanwhile I'm learning all I can about operating view cameras. Lots to learn!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks, John!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    It's a good bug to be bitten by! Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks, Andrew!

Yup...about fifty or so years ago there were a few LF bugs flying around our neighborhood - and I got bitten for sure! Mind you a bite does not always mean a life of servitude to a strange-looking, accordion-like box (hmmm...I should put some reeds in my ground glass frame air holes!)...but when it does - watch out!
    Welcome to the club....and yes, this disease is terminal - but by all means enjoy the ride!