Thread: Screw for Busch Pressman D

Screw for Busch Pressman D

Dear all. Unluckily a screw dropped out that assists in fine tuning the range finder linkage inside the camera body. Would somebody be able to advise if the screws for cameras of this age (1950s) are metric or imperial and is there a site that would sell such small screws. Thank you.

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Screw for Busch Pressman D

They are American. Imperial or American - don't know if there is a difference in those sizes. Is this the screw holding the arm to the rangefinder shaft? If so
    you should be able to find one easily at a well stocked hardware store - if you are in the States that is.

Tin Can

You need parts for the Kalart rangefinder. I just saw a picture that shows a disassembled rangefinder, and the screw looks to be a bit smaller than a #0. I have a Tower (Busch clone), and it appears the screw attaches to the rangefinder shaft.
    Best,
    Dennis

Tin Can

Cheers all, food for thought. I might consider re-tapping the hole with a common size screw thread, but the stainless steel might be a challenge, Just for reference I have added an image, with the hole circled in red. And thank you @pendennis, I'll look for Kalart parts instead of Busch parts. Does any one have an opinion on how accurate you can tune the rangefinders, especially for distances of 2 to 3 meters? Thank you all for your advice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busch screw.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	198411