Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone here help me understand how to use the Sekonic L-778 Dual Spot Meter?

Andy Eads
    Pasco, Washington - the dry side of the state

Re: Can anyone here help me understand how to use the Sekonic L-778 Dual Spot Meter?

Dear Manfrominternet,

Allow me to suggest that you first need a working philosophy regarding exposure. None of this will make sense till you have a solid idea of which approach to exposure control will get the results you seek. I suggest you read the first 9 chapters of this treatise I wrote on exposure and development control. It may put you to sleep but I hope it will give you a sense of where you might devote your time productively.

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...cles/VIDEC.pdf

Andy Eads

Re: Can anyone here help me understand how to use the Sekonic L-778 Dual Spot Meter?

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    Change the mode to EVs - The averaging makes more sense and it will still show you the f-stop and time, pick either based on desired DOF or shutter quirks. EV8 , EV12.2 = AVG 10.1 . @iso 100 ~ f22 0.5 seconds.

Or use the darkest tone to set your f-stop on Zone 3 and closedown two stops (F and or T). Example as above Meter EV8 f16 1 seconds ~ Taking f22 .5 seconds.

I keep an EV chart to double check myself sometimes when I stray from the meter. ev-exposure-chart/
    Thank you for your advice and the link to this chart!!! I really appreciate it! I just printed it out.