Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DIY 4x5 Enlarger with LED light source

Re: DIY 4x5 Enlarger with LED light source

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I do like LED anything, but don't want any film device to NEED a phone interface
    buttons, rheostats
    twisted wires
    maybe a barking audio control so I can yell at it
    On any 'bigger' enlarger project I have done I have built a wired controller. I personally find it better too.
    But for such a small adapter a phone interface is almost mandatory. The connection cable from the controller to the LED light source may be anissue. And the controller will be 5 time the size of the light source.
    ...the idea with the dog is not bad. It can bark the last 3 seconds of the timer

Great thread, been thinking to build something like this for a while. Built a multi-channel / process f-stop timer, working on an analyser now and definitely LF enlarging head next!

I have decided to write detailed and accurate step by step building instructions. The goal is that even people who are not trained in electronic projects can build such a LED light source. A little bit of building skill is required, and your installation of the LED in the enlarger is different for everyone.
    I will adapt the code so that it can be used for all needs. A material list and sources of supply is also included. I hope to be finished in a few weeks or even before. I will publish it here and maybe open another thread.

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by elgatosuizo View Post
    I have decided to write detailed and accurate step by step building instructions. The goal is that even people who are not trained in electronic projects can build such a LED light source. A little bit of building skill is required, and your installation of the LED in the enlarger is different for everyone.
    I will adapt the code so that it can be used for all needs. A material list and sources of supply is also included. I hope to be finished in a few weeks or even before. I will publish it here and maybe open another thread.
    sin eater

that is great, thanks!

Since some of you have asked me directly, I have, as promised, made a detailed instruction for building an LED controller and convert an enlarger to a LED light source.
    You can find it in this thread:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...list-and-build