Thread: Tripod Suitable for Linhof 5x7

Tripod Suitable for Linhof 5x7

Hello. Can anyone recommend a tripod and tripod head suitable for a Linhof Super Technika IV 5x7? The Manfrotto 055XDB that I have always used for 35mm and medium format cameras holds my Intrepid 4x5 securely enough, but I'm guessing that the Linhof will require something more sturdy.

Re: Tripod Suitable for Linhof 5x7

Years ago a friend of mine used a Linhof Twin-Shank Profile tripod with his 5x7 and loved it. I borrowed it once and also loved it. A lot lighter that a Linhof Heavy Duty tripod. Think it had a Linhof Professional Pan Head II RPM on it, but that's from a 10+ year old memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Years ago a friend of mine used a Linhof Twin-Shank Profile tripod with his 5x7 and loved it. I borrowed it once and also loved it. A lot lighter that a Linhof Heavy Duty tripod. Think it had a Linhof Professional Pan Head II RPM on it, but that's from a 10+ year old memory.
    17lb capacity.

It is the Expert, not the profile.

Catalog #001317 with the sliding column. Different number for the model with the pneumatic center column.
    Small,geared center column was made for the 003317.
    Last edited by Bob Salomon; 1-Dec-2019 at 20:45.

With my Linhof Super Technika V - 5x7 - I rely on an older Gitzo Tele-Studex 4 with the aluminum legs. It has a the R4 head and the combination holds the Linhof rock solid. It is heavy and not meant for backpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    17lb capacity.

It is the Expert, not the profile.

Catalog #001317 with the sliding column. Different number for the model with the pneumatic center column.
    Small,geared center column was made for the 003317.
    Sorry, 003317

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Robinson View Post
    With my Linhof Super Technika V - 5x7 - I rely on an older Gitzo Tele-Studex 4 with the aluminum legs. It has a the R4 head and the combination holds the Linhof rock solid. It is heavy and not meant for backpacking.
    I was thinking an old set of Studex 3 legs would do.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

The Studex 3 should allow for at least a weight of 20lbs which would be ample for your Tecknica. The Pro Studex will allow for the legs to be adjusted in various angled positions.