Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intellifaucet D250 - sticking valves

Re: Intellifaucet D250 - sticking valves

Is there any way to use a small wire brush to remove the scale?
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Have you Emailed Hass to ask for their recommendation? They're usually very helpful info@hassmfg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The Intellifaucet valves have started sticking again today, so perhaps I need to soak them in acetic acid once a month or so as maintenance.
    Wonder if it's related to hardness of water ? Also, do you have CLR where u are ? It's for clearing Calcium, Lime and Rust (CLR) and possibly a stronger alternative to acetic acid.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Is there any way to use a small wire brush to remove the scale?
    When I dissembled the unit there was very little actually visible that would indicate problems. I'll try soaking with a stronger acetic acid solution next, I only used 6% on the previous occasion.

Maybe kettle descaler sachets would be better (it may be a stronger acid, unless you have glacial acetic?).

Mike

My acetic acid is 60%. I'll try this afternoon / evening and leave to soak overnight.

Good luck!

I read on the Hass site, valves are SS 301 with teflon seals and guides

Could a valve stem be bent? Perhaps from teflon tape upstream, or other debris induced after the filters?

I use HASS filters but did make a mistake using black iron fittings after the filters, all SS fittings are very expensive

I notice a bit of rust in my HASS water output when sitting for even a couple days

I can see it as brownish water in a 6" flow in clear tubing right after turning on the flow. Gotta be rust...

a bit of rust could inbed in teflon or bend a valve...
    Tin Can

Well this is odd, I've just done a darkroom session and had no issues with the sticking valves; I'll monitor the situation.

Instead of acetic acid try some phosphoric acid. It can be had at Home Depot and is sold as an etcher for concrete. Boaters (I live on a 44-foot boat) use it to descale hoses and plumbing of sea critters. Think barancles and shellfish. Phosphoric acid dissolves them completely and does no harm to the plumbing.

Some day we will back back living in a dirt house. All of my darkroom equiment is in storage waiting for that day.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catalinajack View Post
    Instead of acetic acid try some phosphoric acid. It can be had at Home Depot and is sold as an etcher for concrete. Boaters (I live on a 44-foot boat) use it to descale hoses and plumbing of sea critters. Think barancles and shellfish. Phosphoric acid dissolves them completely and does no harm to the plumbing.

Some day we will back back living in a dirt house. All of my darkroom equiment is in storage waiting for that day.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    Is Home Depot in the UK?