Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intellifaucet D250 - sticking valves

Intellifaucet D250 - sticking valves

I have an Intellifaucet D250 that has suffered from sticking valves (I'm in a hard water area - but all my darkroom water goes through a filter) recently - last weekend I soaked the hot and cold inlet lines with 6% acetic acid for 48 hours and when re-plumbed on Monday evening the machine worked perfectly. However today the valves have started sticking again.

I'm going to investigate further but has anyone else experienced this? - noting that when soaked in the vinegar the valves where in the closed position and perhaps I need to manually manipulate them somehow to dislodge some crud. As I'm in England I'd like to get the unit working again without posting off to the USA for servicing.

Tom

Re: Intellifaucet D250 - sticking valves

Take the two black plastic circles off the top of the unit. Use a quarter or a screw driver to turn the valves. I do this when I shot off the Intellifaucet and the water doesn't stop. Turn the valves until they do. The faucet normally works fine for a while after that. I asked Hass if they could refurbish, but he seemed oddly resistant to the idea.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Take the two black plastic circles off the top of the unit. Use a quarter or a screw driver to turn the valves. I do this when I shot off the Intellifaucet and the water doesn't stop. Turn the valves until they do. The faucet normally works fine for a while after that. I asked Hass if they could refurbish, but he seemed oddly resistant to the idea.
    Thanks. I now have the unit partially disassembled (electronics board safely to one side) and have the whole "wet" pipe work of the unit now soaking in 6% acetic acid.

Tom

I'd still send to Hass for refurbishing. L

What about soaking the valves in a sachet of kettle descaler?

Mike

Have you asked a plumber?

I have now reassembled the D250 and all seems to be working fine.

That's great, Tom. I'll have to give that a try as well.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Agree, but disappointed if Hass will not repair them

This year I ordered filters and a new power supply from Hass. I also wanted his special very low pressure one way valve but he shipped a normal one instead.

I had lost the original power supply, I will find it one day...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    That's great, Tom. I'll have to give that a try as well.
    The whole process did take up a good chunk of time, but I've run the machine again just now after a couple of hours and still working. I'm planning some printing in the next few days so will see how it holds up with regular use.