Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schneider 58mm XL datasheet

Schneider 58mm XL datasheet

Hi,

Does anyone have the datasheet (all 3 pages) of the Schneider Super Angulon 58mm XL? Seems like page 2 (MTF charts) haven't been cached by the wayback machine.

In fact, why don't we start a pinned post at the top of the "Lens & Lens Accessories" sub-forum where people upload all the lens datasheets that are no longer easily available on the web? Could one of the moderators start such a post? I'd be happy to contribute a handful of pdf's I have.

Regards.

Re: Schneider 58mm XL datasheet

Newbie (not pejorative, descriptive), this forum has resources. If you go to the Lens sub-forum, you'll find a sticky "Where to look ..." The first post in that discussion contains a link to a list of links to all sorts of useful sites including the archived Schneider site. Use it. There's no need to ask other people to work for you.

If you have pdfs that "the list" doesn't point to, I'll be happy to add links to them to "the list." Its my list and I keep it that way so that it can be updated as needed without involving the moderators.

I am well aware of the sticky post that you'd made; a great resource that all of us have benefitted from. However, as I had mentioned in the post above, page 2 of the Schneider 58 XL data sheet is not archived by the wayback machine (archive.org). As time goes by, more of the links you've curated might disappear, hence the suggestion for a permanent collection of pdf's.

"There's no need to ask other people to work for you."
    Typical boomer (not pejorative, descriptive).

For your MTF-viewing pleasure...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oren,

Thanks for your very helpful reply! Do you have any suggestion regarding uploading all our stashes of pdf data sheets onto a separate page on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by vivizen View Post
    "There's no need to ask other people to work for you."
    LF helps those who help themselves.

Happy to help!

Afraid the Forum isn't set up to be a document repository. QT Luong, our founder, manages the static LF Home Page linked in the menu bar at the top - he would be the one to ask about the feasibility of setting up such a resource there.

Re: Schneider WA XL lenses datasheet - 38 - 47 - 58 - 72 - 90

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for linking these up! I tried for about an hour clicking through archive.org from quite a few dates, and never managed to get these complete pdf's. The only versions I found were the separate 3 pages, with page 2 (MTF) missing. Is there a specific year that you usually start from for browsing the old Schneider site?

Re: Schneider WA XL lenses datasheet - 38 - 47 - 58 - 72 - 90

Quote Originally Posted by vivizen View Post
    Is there a specific year that you usually start from for browsing the old Schneider site?
    I don't think there's a general rule that's guaranteed to work for any bit of information one is looking for. Depending what I'm looking for, and guided by what I can recall from having visited the original websites over the years, I've sometimes gone back to pretty much the very beginning of the archive for Schneider Optics, Schneider-Kreuznach, or both. I think it's a more or less random occurrence that the 58 SA XL file happened to be buggy as of a particular date.