I was fortunate enough to move into a house with a proper darkroom in the basement. It needs a little tidying and work, but it was designed for photography. There are just a couple of minor light leaks where pipes, ducts, etc., go through the walls near the ceiling, and I'll have to seal around the door.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to seal these off. I'd be fine working at night or closing the exterior room, but if I can just stick something in place that covers these spaces, it would ensure that no mishaps would take place. If I had a little tar paper, I could probably just cut a few sheats and duct tape it into place. Or maybe the duct tape or some cloth tape alone will do. I can probably handle the door with some stick on foam rubber that I probably already have. What do you use?

I'm also wondering about ventilation. Is this something that is necessary, given that I'm working with chemicals? There is none in the room now. I'm sure I could work something out with an exhaust fan an some baffling to keep light from passing through. Or am I just overthinking this?