Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photographs Shot Using Your 11x14 Camera

Re: Photographs Shot Using Your 11x14 Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roberts View Post
    Wow, what a great camera, Vaughn. Is it a Korona? Century?
    Empire State #1. Not in good condition -- needs TLC. I bought a Chamonix 11x14 to replace it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11x14Portrait.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I'm sorry David, I was 'wrapped too tight' earlier today from watching TV

But as I mostly shoot portraits with 11X14, very few can be posted anywhere due to facial recognition and other factors.

Nobody is looking to attack a landscape, well maybe they are, but not from an image.

I have calmed down...

sorta

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    I found a darkroom here with a very reasonable renting fee and plan to contact print my 11x14 negatives. You have to scan or photograph your negatives and prints if you would like to share.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by MultiFormat Shooter View Post
    Can you still get 11" x 14" Provia 100F?
    No, alas, Fuji isn't doing special cuts any more. AFAIK it's no longer possible to get transparency film in ULF sizes.

Michael, thanks for sharing - I can only imagine what those transparencies look like "in the flesh".

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Empire State #1. Not in good condition -- needs TLC. I bought a Chamonix 11x14 to replace it:
    Awesome! Must be a joy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    No, alas, Fuji isn't doing special cuts any more. AFAIK it's no longer possible to get transparency film in ULF sizes.

Michael, thanks for sharing - I can only imagine what those transparencies look like "in the flesh".
    Thanks Oren. They look great on the light box, but they are a bitch to scan and print. Nothing about ULF is easy, but then if we wanted easy we'd just use our phone cams.

First 11x14 negative that I ever shot, probably around 1980. 11x14 Burke & James Commercial view camera. 508mm f/7 Caltar shot at f/64. Film notches indicate Kodak Super-XX so must have been developed in Edwal FG-7 in a 9% solution of Sodium Sulfite. Remember that I had to stand the very cold water of a stream in southern Massachusetts to make the shot. Since I was using my 11x14 camera for the first time, took me forever to set up. Shot 3 negatives cause I was sure that I was going to mess up processing the film, even though I was planning on processing them one at a time. Actually all 3 negatives came out fine. Few years ago went back to reshoot the image and "No Trespassing" signs and a locked gate greeted me about a half mile from where the shot was taken. Back in the 1980s almost all access roads to the reservoirs in the area were open. As of today they have all been closed and the areas patrolled daily. Of the probably 2 dozen different spots that I had photographed back then, all are now inaccessible to the general public. Since this stream drains directly into the main reservoir, I could be arrested today for just standing in that stream!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11x14falls.jpg  

Awesome! Must be a joy to use.
    Yes...but still a lot more use needed to get at the same level of comfort of using the 8x10.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Those 11x14 Provia images are so great! Thanks for sharing!

just one more...

Rochester King camera, 11x14 Provia, 15" Turner Reich

Thanks for the invitation to share these.
    11x14 is fun!

Haha, no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I'm sorry David, I was 'wrapped too tight' earlier today from watching TV

But as I mostly shoot portraits with 11X14, very few can be posted anywhere due to facial recognition and other factors.

Nobody is looking to attack a landscape, well maybe they are, but not from an image.

I have calmed down...

sorta

This BW landscape looks wonderful. I like its tonality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    First 11x14 negative that I ever shot, probably around 1980. 11x14 Burke & James Commercial view camera. 508mm f/7 Caltar shot at f/64. Film notches indicate Kodak Super-XX so must have been developed in Edwal FG-7 in a 9% solution of Sodium Sulfite. Remember that I had to stand the very cold water of a stream in southern Massachusetts to make the shot. Since I was using my 11x14 camera for the first time, took me forever to set up. Shot 3 negatives cause I was sure that I was going to mess up processing the film, even though I was planning on processing them one at a time. Actually all 3 negatives came out fine. Few years ago went back to reshoot the image and "No Trespassing" signs and a locked gate greeted me about a half mile from where the shot was taken. Back in the 1980s almost all access roads to the reservoirs in the area were open. As of today they have all been closed and the areas patrolled daily. Of the probably 2 dozen different spots that I had photographed back then, all are now inaccessible to the general public. Since this stream drains directly into the main reservoir, I could be arrested today for just standing in that stream!