Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oriental paper scarcity

Re: Oriental paper scarcity..

Quote Originally Posted by PRJ View Post
    If you are really dying, order it from Yodabashi or another place in Japan. If they won't ship it to the US there is a guy that goes by Japan Camera Hunter.. Have him get it for you... Probably won't be cheap, but you are dying...
    Thank you! But I sort of need it ASAP. I guess I will be getting some Multigrade.

Re: Oriental paper scarcity

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Seems that distribution has often been a problem for them. In 1982 or so, I was working as b/w printer in a custom lab, and the regional(?) Oriental sales rep visited. He gave us a box of 8x10 Oriental 'Center' warm-tone paper to try out. I asked about some of their Seagull G and he told me "we can't get any right now" or words to that effect. And this was when they were running full-page ads in all the photo magazines, featuring Brett Weston's famous picture of the canal and trees! Perhaps it was too successful at the time.
    Some years later I bought some Seagull for myself... a marvelous paper it was too. A shame that it disappeared... Robbie, I hope you find some paper!
    Thank you Mark. It is very, very nice paper. I have always been able to get it from B&H or Adorama. It has been around for so long that I thought it would be one of the standbys. Hopefully it will show up again. Some say it was a different paper back ion the 80s but it still seems the same to me today. Only the box changed.. as far as i could tell.

Re: Oriental paper scarcity..

Quote Originally Posted by wooserco View Post
    Let me look tomorrow or the next day. I received some Oriental paper with a color head purchase. No idea what the three packages are. I'll post when I find them. (step daughter and grandson are in the way of the darkroom entrance at this time).
    Thank You! I am looking for 11x14 glossy fiber. I still have some 8x10. Let the kids play! No big rush here...I ordered some Multigrade last night.

Oriental Seagull in Fiber seems to be no longer available.
    I e-mailed and called the US distributor but neither message was returned.

That is a real loss for fine art printers. I'l be very careful with my last 6 boxes of 11x14.

B&H still shows warm tone and some cool tone, as special order. if it was EOL'ed, they wouldn't show special order would they ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

They might.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Oriental Seagull in Fiber seems to be no longer available.
    I e-mailed and called the US distributor but neither message was returned.
    Do they know what you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Do they know what you do?
    In both the email and voice message, I told them that we (University Dept.) were looking to buy 20 100 sheet boxes of 8x10 and I forget how many of the 11x14.

Freestyle does not list Oriental paper at all. When we tried to order it from B&H, they said that it was back ordered and advised not to place the order until it was in stock again. Still, I am hoping that it is a temporary supply problem.

I was looking for this product also and received an email reply from Sina at orientalphotousa saying they had no stock or eta. I was looking for warmtone vc. I got that message yesterday, 1/19/20. So, that’s what I know about it. Really like the look of that paper though.