Slowly restoring a Linhof Technika IV... a beautiful camera and simple to work on (because the parts are so big... not like a shutter or a miniature camera).

I have yet to find a part to attach the board to the front standard... specifically the Lagerschraubu/ Screw... the 2 screws that allow the tilt pivot on a Linhof Technika 4x5... (Linhof part #063944.1.001.45)

Basically a small 14mm steel screw with a hole drilled through it... This hole (to slide in a compression washer to hold it tight) significantly weakens the screw and it is where mine have broken...

I have found repair shops that claim to have them but none willing to actually sell me one...

Linhof AG of Munich Germany stocks the parts and will sell them for 12 Euro each... catch is I have to visit the factory in Munich Germany... asked about shipping and they said I would have to wire money to their bank and pay 40 Euro in shipping for the 24 euro screws... They suggested I get them from their repair distributors in the U.S.... I contacted all 3 (percision, Laflex, Nipon) and although they confirmed they had them they all refused to sell any parts!!! Said if I send them the camera they will be included with the $500 CLA service fee... NICE

I asked my local camera guy, and he is sure he could make them but figures about $120... He said I should be able to eventually get a parts "lens standard" for half of that...

I might be able to buy a parts front standard to get them... I could get them from the standard of a model IV, V, Master, and the Color Technika monorail as well...

I don't have the skills/tools to drill out a spare screw I'm afraid... After thinking about it here is what I'm currently thinking...the holes are only needed for the tiny compression washers to hold them in place... I can just fill the ones I have with solder and make them whole without the holes... then I can just a little loc-tite to keep them in place instead of the compression washer... I won't have time for the project till next year so I am in no hurry...

I figure if I haven't solved this by next Octoberfest I really ought to visit Munich...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof IV front standard Screw hole.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	197349 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5195.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	197350 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2134.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	197351