Thread: Jobo CPP-3 - failure to reach temperature - error code 6

Jobo CPP-3 - failure to reach temperature - error code 6

Hello,

Firstly I usually post over at another forum but realise there seem to be several Jobo users here so worth a try...

My machine which worked fine to process C-41 last Sunday, will today not reach 38ºC, achieving only 34.5ºC before dropping down to 32.5ºC, which results in the error. I have reset the thermostat overheat switch but still no improvement. When switched on the 'self-test' mode reports as 'all checks passed'.- darkroom today at 18ºC, so the Jobo heating element is working to a certain extent.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Tom

Re: Jobo CPP-3 - failure to reach temperature - error code 6

Yikes, an error on a new piece of equipment like that is a bit scary. Especially since I'm hoping to pick up a CPP3 this year...

Re: Jobo CPP-3 - failure to reach temperature - error code 6

I have now somewhat surprisingly successfully run a batch of C-41 film this evening. The solution was to open up the Jobo and clean / wipe down everything inside the water bath, the thermostat, and heating element. Once I'd reset the temperature switch the Jobo maintained 38ºC without issue. I'm still not 100% on the cause of the problem as my machine has been cleaned and the "gunk" wasn't overly bad, but I haven't had the top off before. Hopefully this experience will help others as I've not found any CPP-3 tech info online.