Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should I Drum Scan, X1 Flextight Scan, or use the Epson V850 w/Aztek Wet Mount Kit?

Re: Should I Drum Scan, X1 Flextight Scan, or use the Epson V850 w/Aztek Wet Mount Ki

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    To add to the last sentence, I digitized a 5X7 negative using 16 shot pixel shift, photographing with a 105 mm Micro Nikkor (film era) to compare with a drum scan previously made with a Howtek at 2000 dpi. The pixel shift file looked OK on my large monotor, but close up comparison with the image made with the drum scan showed the pixel shift file to be of lower image quality.

Sandy
    Excellent, thanks for the addendum--I suppose the crux is as always defining "good enough," but for my purposes the possibility of even getting close to a drum scan with off-the-shelf, dual use equipment is very attractive. (FWIW, what I was getting at with the 5x7 remark was how its aspect ratio matched-up with a 24x36 sensor--positing a "one-shot" capture, the I'm not sure you'd ever see the difference between 5x7 and 8x10, or perhaps even between 6x9 and 4x5.)

Re: Should I Drum Scan, X1 Flextight Scan, or use the Epson V850 w/Aztek Wet Mount Ki

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    I move the negative, keeping the camera on a very sturdy, stable and well-aligned support structure.
    Thanks! I've been shooting film and printing in various color and B&W darkrooms. As the last color darkroom closed in WA last year, I'm finding that I'm having to print color in LA. Which is leading me to look into digital workflows that I'm not familiar with to print on an inkjet.