Thread: Rating stored tmax

Rating stored tmax

Hi
    It's been a long time sence I've participated in my favorate forum!
    It's been 2 years of office work and studying an executive masters since I went out shooting. I had no time to use my kit.
    I am planning to go out tomorrow for a night in the desert. I will be exploring a new area and a trying to get back into shape with exposure and focus. I dug out my camera bag and found 3 new boxes of ektar and 2 boxes of tmax100 and many exposed sheets. I forgot to unpack it seems.
    The film has gone through waves of heat in the closet. My question is I think I need to under-rate the tmax to compensate. Would 80 be reasonable? Or should I proceed as normal? The exposed ones I am going to develop anyway and ektar I think are goners. I should put them in the oven and sell them to those who love to be surprised by old film. But tmax, oh tmax! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15718655655363093059005432028096.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	196826

Re: Rating stored tmax

What developer? If Xtol or similar, I'd do a test sheet rating the film at 80. If a non-speed increasing developer, I'd try EI64.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I usually use d76 or id11. I think they are similar but I am not sure. Supplies are limited to what I can ship safely and cheaply to Saudi Arabia. Testing is not an option at the moment due to amount of time left. I will be on the road 19 hours from now. I have to sleep and work between now and then
    I have to guesstimate.

These days I'm shooting TMX100 that's 14 years out of date. I've been rating it at EI 50 (I did the tests to check). That's basically to compensate for the slightly increased base fog. I'd shoot your TMX at 50... and throw the Ektar away. Unlike b/w films, color doesn't tolerate heat. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    These days I'm shooting TMX100 that's 14 years out of date. I've been rating it at EI 50 (I did the tests to check). That's basically to compensate for the slightly increased base fog. I'd shoot your TMX at 50... and throw the Ektar away. Unlike b/w films, color doesn't tolerate heat. Best of luck!
    Thanks.. Reasonable!