Greetings! I'm really glad this board exists. People here seem to have tremendous knowledge and experience with LF.

I'm new to LF. I shot 35mm film until my cameras broke, and then went digital for about a decade. Digital has been fun, but there was someting tangible about film I missed, so I'm back into it. I recently repaired my 35mm, picked up a Pentax 6x7, and then on a whim, got a Horseman L45 kit that was too nice and too cheap to pass up on.

I don't know exactly what kind of photography I'll do with the Horseman. Definitely portraiture and probably some composed tabletop. It's too big to lug very far from the back of my car, so there will probably be some landscape photography in there, too. We'll have to see if a field camera ends up in the mix somehow, although I imagine I'll just stick with the Pentax for more mobile nature photography.

I have yet to expose a piece of 4x5 film. There was some in the backs that came with the camera, so I've been practicing loading those. I'm still trying to figure out how to ship my film to a processor. I think I can put it in dark bags in rigid envelopes and then pack them into a USPS priority mail box. I think that can work because then I can ship ones and twos with their own processing instructions.

My house has a proper darkroom already, so maybe one day I'll do my own processing. We'll see how that goes. Scanning sounds like yet another type of photography altogether, and people mostly seem merely content or very frustrated with that.