Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which lenses fold up into your field camera? Linhof Tecnika, Horseman, etc. question

Re: Which lenses fold up into your field camera? Linhof Tecnika, Horseman, etc. quest

Don't forget that you may also be able to reverse your lens board before you fold your camera.
    That usually gives you a bit more room.
    Of course you'll have to re-reverse your lens board before using
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Which lenses fold up into your field camera? Linhof Tecnika, Horseman, etc. quest

Quote Originally Posted by Ig Nacio View Post
    Hi,

Which lenses fold up into your field camera?

I wonder which lenses will fold up or close up
    inside most field cameras.

Thank you, kind regards!
    Into the Super Technika IV: Rodenstock Sironar N 5.6/150 Copal 0 with 49mm filter
    Into the Wista N: Fujinon A 9/180 Copal 0 with 46mm Filter, as well as the two Fujinon W 5.6/105 and 5.6/125 with 46mm filters

I had a Crown Graphic and a Caltar version of the Rodenstock Geronar 210mm f/6.8 lens. The lens would just fold up into the camera. I had a short Gepe cloth cable release that could stay attached when folded. You could try one on your Linhof. They make nice portrait lenses and are pretty inexpensive in either Caltar or Rodenstock versions.

Hi,

Thank you for your messages and the very valuable information : ) !!!

If anybody finds this thread in the future and would like to add a couple
    or a few more suggestions, it would be very cool!

Thank you again, kind regards!

I can close my Master Technika with a 150mm Apo-Sironar-S on a regular lensboard albeit I had to change the OEM cap for a smaller one.
    It's extremely convenient!

Someone has a Rodenstock Grandagon 6.8 90mm and a Master Technika? I'm curious and interested to know if it would work!

I leave my Linhof "Select" 150mm Symmar in my MT2000

Mike

Fujinon/Fujinar 150mm f6.3
    Xenar 150mm f5.6 (Copal 0)
    Fujinon 135mm f5.6
    Ektar 203mm f7.7
    (Haven't tried it, but the Sironar 150mm f5.6 is pretty tiny.)

Just in case the information might be useful to someone: a Nikkor-W 135mm F5.6 will fit into the folded Technika V on a flat lens board.

[I measure the hole that accomodates the front of the lens in the folding front board of the Technika at ~56mm wide (It's a couple of mm taller, not being a perfect circle). The front portion of the Nikkor is about 54mm diameter on the outside, so just enough clearance for it to fit.]

EDIT: As for length of the lens, with the Technika V, with the camera closed up, you have ~41mm of space in front of the lens board before you hit the focus cam, and ~ 35mm behind the lens board before you hit the ground glass. The lens board itself is about 2mm thick, so total length of the lens probably has to be less than 78mm. [Or thereabouts.]
    Last edited by stephenmcateer; 27-Jul-2022 at 12:39. Reason: Add max. Technika lens length.

Quote Originally Posted by Ig Nacio View Post
    Hi,

Which lenses fold up into your field camera?

I wonder which lenses will fold up or close up
    inside most field cameras.

I have a Linhof Technika IV.
    Do you know which lenses fit inside with the
    camera folded up?

Thank you, kind regards!

FWIW, I have a Meridian B, which is basically a post-WWII copy of 1940s Linhof. An early-style 135mm/5.6 single-coated Fujinon W ( front trim ring writing ) fits the closed camera without any problems using a flat Meridian board. This is the lens coupled to the rangefinder. It's also a very good lens that covers 5x7 with a bit of movement. My 203/7.7 Ektar also fits the folder camera.

A Linhof Voigtlander 150 f4.5 APO Lanthar will fold into a Technika IV, I have one with this lens.