Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hc-110

Hc-110

Hi,

From the looks of it HC-110 developer by Kodak seems to be discontinued. Is this true? The only other place I can find it is on ebay. Does anyone know where else to get it by chance?

Re: Hc-110

Niels

----
    Niels

Well, there seems to be bad news about the HC-110 in this article.

My local camera store just restocked it.

Bear in mind that this is a new formulation and not the original. The original was a thick, syrupy liquid. The new stuff has the viscosity of water.

The bottle says it was made by Sino Promise.

B&H lists it as "Discontinued".
    I wouldn't be surprised if all "Kodak" chemistry vanished in the next couple of years. Sino Promise doesn't seem capable of making these recipes reliably and consistently, so I suggest you plan to switch to something else, like Ilford's Ilfotec HC or the Film Photography Project's equivalent.

I gave up entirely on Kodak chemistry a couple years ago, after buying bad bags of Dektol, D-76 AND Xtol. Most of these common recipes can be made easily (and at 1/3 the cost) at home. (Thank you ArtCraft Chemicals)

Drew Wiley

Hc-110 cannot be homemade. It could be replicated by any industrial lab, but not under the same name if Sino still owns the marketing rights. They apparently didn't even make the last batch themselves. Look at where is was made - "made by Sino Promise" -where?? Not necessarily in China. But I can't keep track of all the later tweaks.
    Mine still has the consistency of maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Hc-110 cannot be homemade.
    I never said it could. I'm just saying that MOST other developers are easy to make from scratch at home.

What has been telling with the paradigm shift from analog to digital, it isn't just cameras and films that have disappeared. It's also the infrastructure.

Definitely good to know. I looked up ArtCraft Chemical and it looks like something worth entertaining. For now I just might buy my own Dektol D76 etc. thx..