Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: kodak Tmax RS developer formula

multiplex

Re: kodak Tmax RS developer formula

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    I'm assuming that wasn't a DT lab, Dugan. The distinction is, to get an optimal straight line, it would have to been used at high concentration, ideally one-shot, making it prohibitively expensive. I've never had a motive to try RS for general black and white film usage. Pyro addiction is hard to break. But pyro isn't a very realistic choice for high volume lab applications.
    RS was a Replenishment System

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    T-max (non -RS) is available and works well. Since the early 2000s I never had an issue with dichroic fog in my prints.
    it's a film developer, not a print developer and it was a warning from The Great Yellow Father, KODAK not random people on a website chat forum.. who said not to use the regular ( NON RS ) TMAX with sheet film. Apparently the RIT student
    who had helped on the phones at their "800-242-2424 pro hot line" didn't read the memo and was confused about which of the two brand new developers to use ... hope you don't get DF on your FILM if you continue to use the developer .

Like I posted, I never noticed any effect of dichoric fog in my prints from tmax LF negatives processed in Tmax (Non-RS) developer.

I guess if it screwed up your prints, too bad.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Like I posted, I never noticed any effect of dichoric fog in my prints from tmax LF negatives processed in Tmax (Non-RS) developer.

I guess if it screwed up your prints, too bad.
    i think you misunderstood what I wrote. It didn't screw up my prints. Thankfully .... because I spoke to someone ( Paul Krott ) who was well versed in photochemistry the DF was removed before the negatives were enlarged and printed ( which they were, and the archives was very happy ). I found it amazing the people RIT (who are feeders for EK and cream of the crop ) and the people at EK ( who are supposed to know about mundane products used since the 1800s and packaged and sold by EK themselves) were clueless and told me to use a q tip ? I would hope they figured it out seeing Roberta ( and her cohort ) probably got plenty of calls from working professionals who were screwed and got DF because she ( and others? ) advised them to use the wrong developer, I mean being advised "if you can't remove the greenish blue metallic sheen that is part of your film’s emulsion with a q tip, throw away your negatives they are ruined and there is nothing that can save them" is kind of lame ... and then being told "There was never a "Roberta" that worked here" ... like you are being gas lit again kind of lame... too bad is an expression like "whatever" .. I was advised by the kodak professional photography division who advised thousands of professionals worldwide, daily about products they sell, you'd have thought they would have told their telephone crew / interns from RIT "sheet film is only used with TMAX RS, otherwise the person will get DF " ... it would be "too bad" if I was a hobbyist and I was doing it for kicks, it was just film used to photograph my cat, but it wasn't, it was for a job, and not used blindly.
    Last edited by jnantz; 10-Aug-2023 at 15:09.