Thread: Show us your workspace layout and ideas!

Show us your workspace layout and ideas!

I am looking for ideas on how to setup and optimise a small workspace (approx 2m x 1m corner area from a larger 3x3 room with 2.4m ceiling height). I would like this area to have desk space with computer and screen as well as scanner. Ideally it should also have storage for various LF lenses, filters, camera, negatives, some books and other general accessories).

I realise a lot depends on the gear dimensions and need for accessibility, but I figured it would be great to see how others in general arrange their workspace, and what have they found works best.

Overall it might be useful in general to share and tap into some ideas, regardless of whether or not it fits into my own dimensions.

i.e. Please feel free to post photo’s, sketches, diagrams and ideas of any size workspaces for the benefit of the community. Especially if you have found something that works a charm for a specific purpose.

I look forward to seeing what comes through!

Re: Show us your workspace layout and ideas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170302_233036.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	213679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1204181807_HDR.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	213680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1013182111_HDR.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	213681
    I have a desk area the length of the room for computer activities which includes scanning/printing. I started with a homemade 9' pine desk which I use.. It has a laser printer, linux workstation with 24" monitor for general Internet activities, Windows computer for photo editing with 27" monitor, Epson scanner, Epson printer. That got full, so I found a wooden table that's not quite the same height for imac and audio equipment. A bookshelf is now placed at the back of the smaller desk behind the imac.

My house is not air conditioned and gets humid in the summer fog. I don't store lenses or negatives/prints in the house. Where I do store them I have a used map/chart drawer for prints and a tool chest for lenses and camera equipment.