Thread: SinarSix metering

SinarSix metering

I have a sinarsix that has a new battery and when i meter in the camera with shutter closed the meter max's out to the right... anyone know a fix to this or is it junk?

Re: SinarSix metering

When I got my SinarSix many, many years ago, it came with no directions. I slid the probe in front of the GG and pushed down on the rocker switch. The needle "tilted" to the maximum measurement of 12. Took me a second or two but then realized the obvious: I had put the probe in backwards and to see where it was measuring I didn't close the slide. Sometimes you can't see the forest before the trees I think applied to me back then at that moment...

https://www.cameramanuals.org/flashe..._sinar_six.pdf

Here are the instructions to learn the Norma Sinarsix meter. You might have the probe inserted in the metering cassette facing backwards? It shouldn't peg out in total darkness.... I suggest printing this out and studying it. There is a LOT of info in the instruction manual.

I have four of the old Sinarsix units in my studio and amazingly they all work quite accurately. I use the Wein battery adapters since this took the old Mercury batteries no longer available
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks but i have the manual (and understand it) and the meter is inserted properly and there is no light getting into the camera... i'm looking to see if its repairable with much effort on my part or if its just junk now.