Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Epson Scan 2 64 bit For MAC OSX Catalina

Re: New Epson Scan 2 64 bit For MAC OSX Catalina

What is Epsonscan 2? I just got a V850 it came with Epsonscan. I use Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    What is Epsonscan 2? I just got a V850 it came with Epsonscan. I use Windows.
    It’s just their newer version of the program. Apple switched to 64 bit apps or something and they decided to re-write the program and it’s got some nice qualities but overall not as good as the original (when is a sequel better than the original... not often).

You should be able to find it with a quick google search.

I'm about to update and be forced to use this....Can any others comment on the issue raised in post #2?

Do you just have to be careful to not go back and make any tweaks to overall RGB after adjusting the individual channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester McCheeserton View Post
    I'm about to update and be forced to use this....Can any others comment on the issue raised in post #2?

Do you just have to be careful to not go back and make any tweaks to overall RGB after adjusting the individual channels?
    Just updated and made first scan. The most annoying feature to me is that when adjusting the histogram sliders - either rgb or individual channels, your change does not show on the preview until you release the mouse or track pad, where in the original it would show the changes as you slid it. Haven't dug too deep to see if there's a way to disable this, But it looks like not.

If I was still scanning a significant amount of film on this, I would either not update or have a separate machine to keep on mojave....But think I'm done with color film unless rescanning old stuff...

and not sure I'm getting exactly what ericmichaelmichael described in post #2, but adjusting the RGB slider def adjusts the individual color channels in a way I don't think version 1 did.

I also noticed the EPSON Scan 2 resets every time you scan, like ALL the settings which is extremely annoying. Glad I don’t have to deal with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if anyone can help and couldn't find any better thread, but I have a newer Mac desktop with Catalina and can't get the computer to recognize my v700. I've downloaded drivers from epson and vuescan and neither one works. I have a v550, that I was using, which worked just fine, but wanted to try this one. It's not the cables, checked those, so not sure what the problem is. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

I had a similar problem when I bought a Epson V850. Of course I have a Windows operating system. But the procedure might help you also. If it doesn't call Epson support. I got the information from their technician in the Philippines. He was able to solve my problem. He had me delete the scanner in Device Manager > Imaging Device. (I don't know what that might be called in a Mac.) I then uninstalled the program and installed it again from their website rather than the DVD that came with the unit. Also, you have to install the USB after the software is loaded and with the scanner power ON.

Good luck and tell us how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Stone View Post
    I also noticed the EPSON Scan 2 resets every time you scan, like ALL the settings which is extremely annoying. Glad I don’t have to deal with that.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes ^^^^^^ What a PITA - am just doing a bunch and this is maddening. Has anyone figured out a workaround for this??

Epson Scan 2 for Mac OS X is up to version 6.4.90, so hopefully they've fixed some of these problems. I just updated it and haven't had time to test. You need to turn the scanner on before running the Epson Software Installer, or it won't look for new versions of the software.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

On my Mac I run Windows 10 under VMWare Fusion. I intend to give that a try. I presume the Windows software is unaffected.