Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Lane Dry Plate

Re: Jason Lane Dry Plate

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    Nice results, fellas.

I actually found time to shoot a plate yesterday.

Rhododendron in bloom out front of the house. 8x10 J Lane Dry Plate, ASA 2. Metered at ASA 2 on the flowers themselves and nailed the exposure. 8s @ f/8

Kodak 2D with 12” f/6.3 Kodak Commercial Ektar.

Attachment 204514

Marvel 1906 Train Bridge GP by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

Putnam Marvel (Scovill) 1885 5 x 8 view camera and Waterbury brass lens. J. Lane dry plate, metered as ISO 1.

Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by rrunnertexas View Post
    Putnam Marvel (Scovill) 1885 5 x 8 view camera and Waterbury brass lens. J. Lane dry plate, metered as ISO 1.

Nice.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Instantograph Train Bridge GP by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

Lancaster 1898 Instantograph full plate, brass lens on J. Lane dry plate.

Foamer

I'll confess I love to use old lenses and old cameras. I have a small collection of about a dozen cameras made 1900-1954. My latest is a gorgeous Deco Rolleicord. I bought it partly because I love fancy cameras and partly because I had earlier bought a Rollei 6x6 Platten adapter. this is an accessory back that takes tiny plate holders. The holders are the standard 6.5x9cm "sixth plate" size and the Rolleis make a 6x6 image on one end. The holders are more complex than you might think and not the same as on my Voigtlander Bergheil. Anyway, I had some Lane plates in the fridge and shot a couple. Here's the best one. I'm thinking if I can shoot dry plate, I can probably do wet plate also, if I trim one to size. Not sure I want to go to all that trouble for such a tiny image, but I'm toying with the idea.

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mushroom912.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

The small size and great lenses on many MF cameras will show resolution

I shot 6X6 X-Ray with Hasselblad, scanned on V700 and astounded by the detail

Used Hasselblad plate or film holders, which require very thin glass, so X-Ray

One of these years I will try j Lane in Mamiya RB plate/film holders, which closely emulate Linhof as I have all required

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I'll confess I love to use old lenses and old cameras. I have a small collection of about a dozen cameras made 1900-1954. My latest is a gorgeous Deco Rolleicord. I bought it partly because I love fancy cameras and partly because I had earlier bought a Rollei 6x6 Platten adapter. this is an accessory back that takes tiny plate holders. The holders are the standard 6.5x9cm "sixth plate" size and the Rolleis make a 6x6 image on one end. The holders are more complex than you might think and not the same as on my Voigtlander Bergheil. Anyway, I had some Lane plates in the fridge and shot a couple. Here's the best one. I'm thinking if I can shoot dry plate, I can probably do wet plate also, if I trim one to size. Not sure I want to go to all that trouble for such a tiny image, but I'm toying with the idea.

Kent in SD
    Tin Can

A quick query: does anyone know what might be holding up deliveries of the 5x4 holders? I have some coming and they seemed to have been in Xiamen, cleared and waiting international departure, since the 31st of July. Thanks, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by pmviewcam View Post
    A quick query: does anyone know what might be holding up deliveries of the 5x4 holders? I have some coming and they seemed to have been in Xiamen, cleared and waiting international departure, since the 31st of July. Thanks, Peter.
    I might guess it could be Covid-19 related shipping delays. About two and a half months ago I ordered an infared thermometer from a medical supply company in the US that had 3 day delivery. After a week without receiving it I contacted the medical supply company. I was told that it was coming from China via DHL. I got the tracking information and contacted DHL. I was told that they where having difficulties getting planes in and out of China. They sent me a tracking link and for 3 weeks it sat without any movement of the package. I contacted DHL several times and got a different story each time. The long and the short of the story it took 5 weeks for it to be delivered. Supply chain disruptions tends to slow a lot of products these days. Hope you get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pmviewcam View Post
    Hi Peter,

Customs and Covid is my guess, but I have no more insight into the workings of the postal system other than obsessively checking 300+ tracking numbers in mid-July so I would know to inform backers.

I do know backers have been getting holders, so they are getting through. At the very least, if yours still hasn’t shown up when the rest of the production gets to me in a couple of months, then I’ll send you a replacement.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Thanks Jason. Will let you know when they arrive. Cheers.