Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding a Deardorff 11x14 Studio Stand

Re: Rebuilding a Deardorff 11x14 Studio Stand

I'm lucky that the bellows I have are functional. Having said that I would like to have new bellows at some point. Custom Bellows sounds like the place to go. I need to get in touch with them. I am able to get by for now.
    I'm so happy I have these projects right now. I'm trying to do my part by staying at home.

I am also going to order (three) bellows from them... Perhaps they will give us a break on multiple orders? If anyone is interested let me know and I can reach out to them.

I had 3 sets made by Turner 7 years ago. I made new frames, sent them to Turner with one original set.

Nails only on OE, they exactly copied right down to nails with no glue

So I am out
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    I am also going to order (three) bellows from them... Perhaps they will give us a break on multiple orders? If anyone is interested let me know and I can reach out to them.
    I have the two frames that can be switched in and out, one of them the bellows look terrible. I also have a, I'm guessing 40 year old new replacement bellows that were never installed. So I'm not sure how soon I will get in gear. I would like to send the worse one over first and get one done. I'm typing in my sleep. I need to quit.

I sure wish Turner still made camera bellows. It looks like (last I looked) they were doing well. Too busy to make bellows for cameras.

I made 4 negatives today. I used a Jobo with an expert drum. These things make sense for color in smaller batches. I have 1 gallon and 3 1/2 gallon deep SS tanks and hangers. I've been looking for a reason to go back to replenished XTOL, this is it. So much easier, I was making the Jobo more difficult than needed. I can't bring my myself to wash the film in the drum, I used 10 cycles in the 1 gallon tanks worked great. The Jobo is great for fixing and hypo clear!

I am starting to rebuild an S11 I got from a colleague. Did you have success with having your bellows made?

Going to pick up the stand tomorrow!

Another member! That's great! Alas, I only have the stand...No S11.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I ordered three sets from Custombellows, £200 each. They are very busy after lockdown and will take a while to get to my order, but eventually I will get them. I still need to have new frames made. They had the measurements on hand, and I just verified them with my existing bellows.

I ordered three sets from Custombellows, £200 each. They are very busy after lockdown and will take a while to get to my order, but eventually I will get them. I still need to have new frames made. They had the measurements on hand, and I just verified them with my existing bellows.
    Can a person send them the old bellows with the frames? Can the frames be reused? My bellows are old and kinda "funky" . I kinda like the look. I have on set of very old unused bellows. These can replace the worst section. IIRC the section of bellows that attaches to the rear of the camera are longer? I may be imagining this . I'm not sure. I've got too damn many projects.