Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8x10 E6 processing Who and Where? North America (USA and Canada) HELP!!!

Re: 8x10 E6 processing Who and Where ? North America( USA and Canada) HELP!!!

Years ago I used Steichen Lab, That alb was famous in North America for accurate processing and custom we prints. But that bus left the station 15 years ago.

Re: 8x10 E6 processing Who and Where? North America (USA and Canada) HELP!!!

I have been corresponding the E6it and am most impressed with David"s commitment to accurate processing and customer care. Frankly He is getting my Vote as my processor. All the Labs are inconvenient for me to access. However I have to work with who has taken the time and made the personal commitment to accuracy of colour ( yes I am Canadian). I hope to have some ( i know the odds of large format landscape shooting) velvia 50 to share in other sub forums later this winter. Right now the ColoUrs are about to change where I live in the close by Muskoka region and the Forks of the Credit. Time to get out and start scouting. My plan is to pre shoot with my digital and view its screen then make the final in Glorious 8x10 Velvia 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Edgar Praus, as mentioned in post #4. Doesn't get any better than that.
    +1 for Edgar Praus. I’ve used his lab for E6 and C41 processing of sheet (4x5 only) and 120 film for several years, and have always experienced quick, excellent and reliable service. I once visited their shop in Rochester to meet Edgar Praus and ask a few questions about their services, and was impressed by his friendly (but serious) and professional demeanor. I suppose no one is perfect, but they have been for me.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Re: 8x10 E6 processing Who and Where? North America (USA and Canada) HELP!!!

Your best options in Canada are Borealis in Montreal and The Lab in Vancouver. I've had many issues with C41 development at Borealis but they are quite reliable for E6. I haven't personally worked with The Lab but they come highly recommended.

For critical C41 development, I've been sending my 8x10 sheets to Duggal in NYC. After all, they are the lab that (literally) invented dip and dunk processing. The 8x10 sheets that I had processed at Duggal a few months ago were the most evenly developed C41 that I've seen so far, better than Borealis and Toronto Image Works (TIW) in Canada as well as Praus Productions in the U.S.A. I would imagine that Duggal is equally good with E6 development, so you can give them a try as well if you don't mind shipping.
    Last edited by MBrooks; 25-Nov-2019 at 10:32.
    Photo-based artist (matthewbrooks.info) / Drum scanning (studiomatthewbrooks.com) / Educator

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    +1 for Edgar Praus. I’ve used his lab for E6 and C41 processing of sheet (4x5 only) and 120 film for several years, and have always experienced quick, excellent and reliable service. I once visited their shop in Rochester to meet Edgar Praus and ask a few questions about their services, and was impressed by his friendly (but serious) and professional demeanor. I suppose no one is perfect, but they have been for me.
    +1 again on this one!