Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightest & Most Compact Tripod for Wista 45SP that is Also Reasonably Priced?

Re: Lightest & Most Compact Tripod for Wista 45SP that is Also Reasonably Priced?

I use a Zone VI made by Wista; essentially a Wista 45DX. Under it I use a CF Velbon El Carmagne 540 tripod with a Gitzo Gi77M magnesium alloy ball head. This is a lightweight combination that is just stable enough for the little Wista/Zone VI with smaller lenses. I don't think it would work well for anything much heavier.

Both bought used some years ago. Saw one on e-Bay for under $100, pre-owned of course bag and all. Ball herad was a separate purchase, but don't recall what I paid. Often I get stuff as a bundle and can't separate out what each item cost me.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: Lightest & Most Compact Tripod for Wista 45SP that is Also Reasonably Priced?

RE: Tilt-All.

I used a later model Star-D when I first brok into LF. Used it with a pre-anniversary Speed Graphic. Packed that kit into a Jan Sport book bag filled with hand cut layers of closed cell foam sleeping pad and spent several days at the Grand Canyon in the mid-1990s. It could have worked with my Zone VI I think. I liked that the three way action was built into the tripod, not a separate additional piece of equipment.

The Star-D worked OK. Light and strong, but developed a slight wobble later when a shim in the center post assembly wore out. I would like to have an E. Leitz version now to go with my M-3.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Spend a little more and get something great that will last you years:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...ies-II-Tripods