Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Question on Lens Boards & Shutters

Re: A Question on Lens Boards & Shutters

Thank you all for your responses - I'm reading the FAQ's now and they've been helpful so far. Though I won't be making my own lens boards anytime soon due to my inexperience in wood/metal working, its nice to hear from many of you that lens boards and shutters aren't as complicated as I initially thought.

As a follow on from doing research around the lens boards/lenses, I've come across this listing for what looks like from my research a Linhof sized board with the 210mm Schneider that I'm after. Can anyone lend an experienced eye and confirm if this is the case. I've messaged the seller but there's a language barrier unfortunately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Near-Mint...1/283426002509

Quote Originally Posted by AndTheLights View Post
    As a follow on from doing research around the lens boards/lenses, I've come across this listing for what looks like from my research a Linhof sized board with the 210mm Schneider that I'm after. Can anyone lend an experienced eye and confirm if this is the case. I've messaged the seller but there's a language barrier unfortunately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Near-Mint...1/283426002509
    It is a copy of the 45 Linhof Technika board.

Yes that is a Linhof type lensboard, but it's on the Japan eBay.

I have bought form Japan eBay from USA.

But there are many sellers of this lens.

Where are you located?

The lens board is the drop centering type designed specifically for Linhof cameras.

What camera are you going to mount it on?
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Yes that is a Linhof type lensboard, but it's on the Japan eBay.

I have bought form Japan eBay from USA.

But there are many sellers of this lens.

Where are you located?

The lens board is the drop centering type designed specifically for Linhof cameras.

What camera are you going to mount it on?
    Yes I thought it was.

Ideally I would purchase from somewhere in the EU as im located in the UK (avoiding import fees), however finding a lens at a reasonable price has been hard so far. If you had any sellers in mind It would be most appreciated.

It would be mounted on a Chamonix 45n-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    It is a copy of the 45 Linhof Technika board.

That is what I thought, thanks for the help.

Very difficult to recomend sellers.

I have had very good luck with high volume eBay sellers from all over the world. I read their ratings.

Tax and shipping can be significant.

Until just a month ago Japan was dumping many old cameras, suddenly prices have gone back up...

Quote Originally Posted by AndTheLights View Post
    Yes I thought it was.

Ideally I would purchase from somewhere in the EU as im located in the UK (avoiding import fees), however finding a lens at a reasonable price has been hard so far. If you had any sellers in mind It would be most appreciated.

It would be mounted on a Chamonix 45n-2.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I have a couple of the Luland boards for my Chamonix, they are shockingly well-manufactured for the price.

Fairly new to the forum. I have purchased my first LF camera - a Chamonix and im now on the lookout for a lens. I've decided on a Schneider Kreuznach Apo Symmar-s 210mm f5.6, however I'm a little confused over what lens board I require.

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong area, but I'm new here and wasn't sure where this topic should go.

I'm just wondering why chromatic aberration appears as being purple. I googled it and read this article: https://www.photographytalk.com/chro...p-or-lightroom on the topic, and while it explains what chromatic aberration is, it doesn't explain why it's purple. I realize that it isn't just purple, but since that's the usual color that appears I wondered why that is.

Looking forward to getting a response from someone more informed than me. Thanks!