Thread: Problems with sun flare

Angry Problems with sun flare

Hi all, it seems that I have some problems with sun flare on several of my images.
    Sometimes its some weird lightning stripes, or one side is more exposed( best way to describe it)
    My first impression was that the negatives saw some light, but the unexposed border is clean, I have also checked the holders, I Hove a lot of good negatives from the same holders.
    After closely looking at the negatieve this happend when the sun is coming from the side.
    The lens is a Rodenstock Sironar-N 150/5.6.
    Has anyone seem this ?

To avoid this in the future I have orderd a Lee hood, and hopefully this wil help me in the future.

Re: Problems with sun flare

Cast a shadow on the lens using the dark slide. Assure the dark slide is not in the lens angle of view. This can be effective at reducing or stopping lens flare due to strong sun light hitting the lens at unwanted areas of the lens.

Cover the film back of the camera using the dark cloth before pulling out the film holder dark slide to prevent light leaks into the film holder edge.

Bernice

Re: Problems with sun flare

[QUOTE=Bernice Loui;1517013]Cast a shadow on the lens using the dark slide. Assure the dark slide is not in the lens angle of view. This can be effective at reducing or stopping lens flare due to strong sun light hitting the lens at unwanted areas of the lens.

Cover the film back of the camera using the dark cloth before pulling out the film holder dark slide to prevent light leaks into the film holder edge.

Bernice[/QUOTE

+1