Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photodiox 4x5 to 35mm digital adaptor plate for stitching.

Re: Photodiox 4x5 to 35mm digital adaptor plate for stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanJames View Post
    Thanks for posting, you've pretty much summed up most of what I've slowly discovered after many snippets of info around the web. I'm surprised there's not more to find of actual real world reviews.

Just on the off chance you may have some insight, do you think that a wide angle lens will be ok if it's mounted on a recessed lens board?
    I posted a thread about the adapter I made in the DIY forum, at https://www.largeformatphotography.i...and-drawbacks) . That may give some insight.

Some of the reviews at B&H suggested the shortest usable focal length was 150mm - this may be a vignetting limitation, rather than a back focus limit.

I tried putting a 90mm Angulon (very small rear element) into a short recessed board, maybe 10-12mm depth, and putting it on my setup, and it's hopeless. The camera allows the standards to be brought very close together (touching), and I still can't focus 10 feet away, much less infinity. I think you would need a similar doo-hickey for a mirrorless camera, as alan_b said, and the commercial adapters look like they have longer tubes than the absolute minimum, perhaps because they have to fit a variety of bodies with different protrusions.

Re: Photodiox 4x5 to 35mm digital adaptor plate for stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by reddesert View Post
    I posted a thread about the adapter I made in the DIY forum, at https://www.largeformatphotography.i...and-drawbacks) . That may give some insight.

Some of the reviews at B&H suggested the shortest usable focal length was 150mm - this may be a vignetting limitation, rather than a back focus limit.

I tried putting a 90mm Angulon (very small rear element) into a short recessed board, maybe 10-12mm depth, and putting it on my setup, and it's hopeless. The camera allows the standards to be brought very close together (touching), and I still can't focus 10 feet away, much less infinity. I think you would need a similar doo-hickey for a mirrorless camera, as alan_b said, and the commercial adapters look like they have longer tubes than the absolute minimum, perhaps because they have to fit a variety of bodies with different protrusions.
    I did see your thread, thanks very much for the info.