Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tripods

Re: Tripods

Quote Originally Posted by k16jd View Post
    Yes I did think of a reducing bush,but with the weight of large format cameras I considered a 3/8 thread would be stronger
    Not necessarily; in my modest experience the 1/4" is just fine if you have two proper mating surfaces which actually bear most of the fastening.

Drew Wiley

Ha! Nope, Alan. Hair is what I still have on my top; not a bald spot anywhere. But I'm certainly not as "distinguished" looking as a couple of world leaders at the moment who seem to favor the scarecrow look, whether that involves too much un-raked straw projecting every direction, or just a bit of remaining straw raked over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Ha! Nope, Alan. Hair is what I still have on my top; not a bald spot anywhere. But I'm certainly not as "distinguished" looking as a couple of world leaders at the moment who seem to favor the scarecrow look, whether that involves too much un-raked straw projecting every direction, or just a bit of remaining straw raked over the top.
    You are a lucky guy then! I'm younger than you and turn 58 next month. I still have hair on my head but it is pretty thin on top. Thin and grey. One of my friends always said that God created few perfect heads and the rest he put hair on. Of course he was balding at a very young age.

Yeah, I never did understand comb-overs and toupe's. All that blows around or off when you take the top off your Jeep or stand under a helicopter like our commander in chief.

If the Mods are reading this there is nothing political meant here. Comb-overs and troupe's are nonpartisan. They look bad on everyone no matter the political affiliation.

Ha! Nope, Alan. Hair is what I still have on my top; not a bald spot anywhere.
    Post a picture of yourself or you do not really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Post a picture of yourself or you do not really exist.
    Jacque, are you saying that Drew may be a figment of our collective imaginations?

Perhaps we have been sniffing developer for too long?

Drew Wiley

When my nephew once came back half dazed from a 24-day episode big wall climbing, and still unbathed, I reminded him of his cognizant humanity by quoting a famous philosophical axiom: "I stink, therefore I am".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    You are a lucky guy then! I'm younger than you and turn 58 next month. I still have hair on my head but it is pretty thin on top. Thin and grey. One of my friends always said that God created few perfect heads and the rest he put hair on. Of course he was balding at a very young age.

Yeah, I never did understand comb-overs and toupe's. All that blows around or off when you take the top off your Jeep or stand under a helicopter like our commander in chief.

If the Mods are reading this there is nothing political meant here. Comb-overs and troupe's are nonpartisan. They look bad on everyone no matter the political affiliation.
    Actually having an adhesive Velcro coin on one's noggin can be used to hold a dark cloth in place for focusing when it's windy.
    Just sayin'
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drew Wiley

There was a fellow at work who we called Elvis because he had hair and bushy sideburns, and moonlighted performing Elvis songs on weekends. That was a long time ago. But then, in his thirties, he started turning bald. About a decade later, he was completely bald and shiny atop, so decided to do something, and got a permanent black nylon faux hair replacement. That looked reasonably authentic for awhile. But now that he's a grandpa who retired long before I did, that perfectly black hair atop a wrinkled old face is a bit disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Actually having an adhesive Velcro coin on one's noggin can be used to hold a dark cloth in place for focusing when it's windy.
    Just sayin'
    Well, I guess I'll let you slide in that instance. I prefer my BlackJacket myself.

When my nephew once came back half dazed from a 24-day episode big wall climbing, and still unbathed, I reminded him of his cognizant humanity by quoting a famous philosophical axiom: "I stink, therefore I am".
    "I stink, therefore I am".

I've got to remember that one!