Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview lever stuck?

Preview lever stuck?

The preview lever for a 75mm lens I got recently appears to be stuck. The lens is in a recessed board, so the preview lever is a bit harder to get to, but still, it should move back and forth. Its stuck in the open position. Friends, any thoughts on what might be a solution?

Re: Preview lever stuck?

Screw the focal length, which shutter is the lens in?

Yes, that what Dan said. We need to see the mechanism.
    David

Have you removed it from the lens board yet?

Maybe something is blocking it.
    Tin Can

Its a Copal 0 shutter. Seeing the hint above about something blocking it (and now looking at it in daylight) the front lens does not seem to be in right position. I moved it a bit and now the shutter lever is running against the recessed wall (while the preview lever now does move). I am going to get hold of the tool to remove the retaining ring and rotate the lens to hopefully the correct position. Thanks folks for the help, will report back later today.

Is this mounted onto a recessed Linhof Technika 45 board?

If so, for many years, there were two different recessed boards for the 75mm and 90mm lenses. One for lenses in Compur 0 shutter, 001015, and one for the same lenses in Copal shutter, 001016. If the incorrect board was used your problem would result.
    Today there is just the 001015 Comfort Board for either lens in either shutter.

Two nails in a board, separated by the correct distance will act as a very good wrench with which to remove the retaining ring.

I did get hold of the tool, and managed to rotate the front lens so the shutter lever and the preview lever (mostly) are not interfered with. I can cock and fire the shutter with a cable release I managed to attach despite the limited space. Hmmm I don't see any label on the recessed board, maybe it is for the Compur 0 shutter. It is indeed a Linhof type 45 board.

Quote Originally Posted by md-photo View Post
    I did get hold of the tool, and managed to rotate the front lens so the shutter lever and the preview lever (mostly) are not interfered with. I can cock and fire the shutter with a cable release I managed to attach despite the limited space. Hmmm I don't see any label on the recessed board, maybe it is for the Compur 0 shutter. It is indeed a Linhof type 45 board.
    There are no numbers on Linhof boards, they are only on the packaging. Linhof recessed boards for the 72 to 150mm lenses come with a cable release QR system and a right angle nipple for the PC flash post.

You can tell if your board does not have the QR system if there are two holes that have been coved or filled in above the left side the of the shutter.

You can also tell if the lens was not mounted properly if the PC post is straight up or faces toward the front of the lens.

It has two open holes, and nothing else. The lens is seemingly set up correctly on the board now, will give it a whirl on the Wista 45 tomorrow.