Thread: FUJINON W 125mm F/5.6 EBC Lens

FUJINON W 125mm F/5.6 EBC Lens

I just purchased this on the Bay and can't find a reference for front filter size (looks like there were 2 or 3 depending on vintage). SN is 5947xx.

Can someone suggest a good reference for specs on Fuji lenses or tell me the filter size? TIA!

Brian

loujon

Re: FUJINON W 125mm F/5.6 EBC Lens

If it's the same as my model it's 52mm. serial # 592389

The last/latest version of their plasmat went up to 62mm across a large number of focal lengths but this made the shorter FL much larger in size.

Here's the reference site I've seen most often, though it looks as if you might have to wait and measure the lens itself--multicoated lenses marked "W" on the barrel could have 46, 55, or 52mm filter threads.

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/byfl.htm

Should be a nice lens, though!

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Here's the reference site I've seen most often, though it looks as if you might have to wait and measure the lens itself--multicoated lenses marked "W" on the barrel could have 46, 55, or 52mm filter threads.

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/byfl.htm

Should be a nice lens, though!
    All good information but I would say as close as our serial #'s are it's a SAFE bet it's 52mm and made probably in the same run. BTW I have the lens on my lap at this moment.

Drew Wiley

The literature is confusing because they did mfg this lens in three different filter sizes. That's the kind of thing you have to ask up front when purchasing one, or else measure after you've already received it. The latest ones, like mine, were 52mm. But then that was replaced by the CMW series with its obnoxiously oversized 67mm thread.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    The literature is confusing because they did mfg this lens in three different filter sizes. That's the kind of thing you have to ask up front when purchasing one, or else measure after you've already received it. The latest ones, like mine, were 52mm. But then that was replaced by the CMW series with its obnoxiously oversized 67mm thread.
    Thanks Drew! Interestingly I have a stack of 67mm filters for a couple of DSLR lenses and a 210mm Caltar II-N, so I'm going to have to buy a step ring for the 52mm. Waiting until it's in my hand first.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    If it's the same as my model it's 52mm. serial # 592389

The last/latest version of their plasmat went up to 62mm across a large number of focal lengths but this made the shorter FL much larger in size.
    Bet you're right.