Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinar Pan/Tilt Head question

Re: Sinar Pan/Tilt Head question

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Those six holes are not for screws, they are for an anti-rotation 2mm pin that sets the lock handle position.
    Saw your reply after posting mine. I was wrong assuming the use of spanner. I had seen the one pin through one hole but I wasn't sure whether it was the material behind or, indeed, a pin. Thanks for the photos, crystal clear !

Between here and there

As I said - I learn something new every day here - thanks for the description and the photos! It makes the pan/tilt head even more impressive, knowing what is going on in there.
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Those six holes are not for screws, they are for an anti-rotation 2mm pin that sets the lock handle position. The tilt works by clamping the top and bottom casting together with a M10x1.00 screw and long handle between polymer friction disc. Combination of long handle and fine threads can produce a LOT of clamp force. This combined with the friction generated by the polymer disc between the center tube and castings absolutely LOCKs the two sections together when clamped.
    Thank you for the pictures of the disassembled head, Bernice! They tell the whole story.

Between here and there

Resurrecting this thread again - I am having a bit of a worry. I used my pan/tilt head the other day and happened to see that the outer disc on mine (the one that is cracked in the OP) was moving and possible to pull out a bit. I was able to put the outer disc into what I think is the correct position again. I can see there is a guiding pin in one of the holes.

I don't think it should be able to be moved around like that, or? What would be a good place to send it for a check-up (preferably in Europe)?

The three screws on the bottom seems to have been tampered with - what sort of dimensions are these, if they would have to be changed out?
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."