Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STOLEN Canham 8X10 View Camera--please be on the look out!!

Re: STOLEN Canham 8X10 View Camera--please be on the look out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I really didn’t care if it ended up in a dumpster but the also got over 30 roll of exposed film that I would drill like back!
    “drill” guess it can happen to the best of us.

Roger

People probably didn't know what they were stealing. I don't leave anything of value in my car, in fact during the day I leave windows down on sunny days. That way if someone wants 2 dollars worth of change, I don't need to pay deductible for broken glass.
    When I was in Florida for a conference at least 20 years back, I saw a desperate person smash out a window of a car for a consumer video camera, pre digital, probably got 20 bucks for it. Broad daylight in a crowded parking lot.

Desperate people hit the nail on the head.

I started checking into a hotel in North Albuquerque on a business trip off of a major interstate highway route in 2016 and encountered bullet proof glass at the check in counter and a full time armed security guard at the front entrance. I politely asked the attendant where I could go to not need the obvious security "issues" and graciously she told me that there was a Marriott Courtyard a couple of miles down the road that had security at the entrance. I gladly paid the extra $40 per nights stay and never looked back. Peace of mind is worth a whole lot more than $40. A month later a friend that stayed in the same part of Albuquerque had his car broken into in the parking lot at a hotel over night. The police he filed the incident report with confirmed that it was a function of gang activity in the area. I hate to say it but these days you have to be aware of crime that can and will take advantage of you if you give these criminals an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Desperate people hit the nail on the head.

I started checking into a hotel in North Albuquerque on a business trip off of a major interstate highway route in 2016 and encountered bullet proof glass at the check in counter and a full time armed security guard at the front entrance. I politely asked the attendant where I could go to not need the obvious security "issues" and graciously she told me that there was a Marriott Courtyard a couple of miles down the road that had security at the entrance. I gladly paid the extra $40 per nights stay and never looked back. Peace of mind is worth a whole lot more than $40. A month later a friend that stayed in the same part of Albuquerque had his car broken into in the parking lot at a hotel over night. The police he filed the incident report with confirmed that it was a function of gang activity in the area. I hate to say it but these days you have to be aware of crime that can and will take advantage of you if you give these criminals an opportunity.
    I use to stay at a Courtyard in Oakland, CA that had an armed guard at the entrance from the street that would stop each car on the way into the hotel area!
    Never saw any problems there fortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    People probably didn't know what they were stealing. I don't leave anything of value in my car, in fact during the day I leave windows down on sunny days. That way if someone wants 2 dollars worth of change, I don't need to pay deductible for broken glass.
    When I was in Florida for a conference at least 20 years back, I saw a desperate person smash out a window of a car for a consumer video camera, pre digital, probably got 20 bucks for it. Broad daylight in a crowded parking lot.
    You didn't go over and whack he jackass thief upside the head?
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    You didn't go over and whack he jackass thief upside the head?
    Those were the old days. Welcome to the Brave New World of decriminalized "minor" offenses.