Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    105

    goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    I have this lens in barrel. It has an aperture ring that goes from f:11 to f:90. It has a red dot between Apochromat and Artar. I hope to mount it in a size 3 shutter and or the #4 Acme. It is the longest lens I have at 19 inches. I assume it is a process lens that should be OK at infinity for the 5x7 and 4x10 formats. Any experience with this lens?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    828

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    Quote Originally Posted by linhofbiker View Post
    I have this lens in barrel. It has an aperture ring that goes from f:11 to f:90. It has a red dot between Apochromat and Artar. I hope to mount it in a size 3 shutter and or the #4 Acme. It is the longest lens I have at 19 inches. I assume it is a process lens that should be OK at infinity for the 5x7 and 4x10 formats. Any experience with this lens?
    No specific experience with that lens, but I have a 19" Schneider Apo-Artar that I've used for years on my 8x10 shooting all manner of subjects and at various distances; always been satisfied with results.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    now in Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,885

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    The reference standard. Though designed for close-up and copy work, they are superb at infinity as well.
    I used one on the job at Kodak- IIRC it was in a #4 Ilex shutter. You'll love yours.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,117

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    I have a 19" which I have used for a lot of years. I won't trade it fr any other lens . A great lens.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,983

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    I have a 19" red dot APO Artar in an Acme.
    She's a keeper.
    One of my most favorite lens
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    According to SK Grimes, it will require a #4 shutter.
    I have the earlier non-Red Dot, and will be sending it to them to have them mount it in an Alphax #4.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    Will also mount in a Copal 3 which to me is more accurate and convenient than the #4 Acme. Great lens with great coverage. L

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    105

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Will also mount in a Copal 3 which to me is more accurate and convenient than the #4 Acme. Great lens with great coverage. L
    Great. I have a Compur 3 Electronic with 150 Comparon coming from Austria. Would you mount the Artar in its place. Where do I ship it and what do you charge for the installation?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    21

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    Quote Originally Posted by linhofbiker View Post
    Great. I have a Compur 3 Electronic with 150 Comparon coming from Austria. Would you mount the Artar in its place. Where do I ship it and what do you charge for the installation?
    The Compur 3 Electronic shutter has a slightly smaller clear aperture of 40mm vs the 45mm of the Copal and Compur 3 mechanical shutters so it may still work but you will have to double check the aperture diameter. My Apo-Raptar 480mm f/10 lost it's max aperture on the electronic shutter so I ended up mounting it on a Copal 3s instead.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    105

    Re: goerz apochromat artar 19" f:11

    Quote Originally Posted by aphcl84 View Post
    The Compur 3 Electronic shutter has a slightly smaller clear aperture of 40mm vs the 45mm of the Copal and Compur 3 mechanical shutters so it may still work but you will have to double check the aperture diameter. My Apo-Raptar 480mm f/10 lost it's max aperture on the electronic shutter so I ended up mounting it on a Copal 3s instead.
    The artar 19" f:11 also has an aperture of 45mm, so I would lose a little maximum aperture f:11 would be about a bit larger than f:16. I can live with this since I do not have Copal or Compur mechanical shutter available.

Similar Threads

  1. Goerz Apochromat 9.5"/9 Red Dot Artar ?
    By gliderbee in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9-Feb-2012, 15:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •