Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: info on 4x5 Sinar copy camera?

Re: info on 4x5 Sinar copy camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    . . . One of the few things I am not so fond of with the Norma is that one has to level the camera horisontally on the rail, but I guess that is less of a concern compared to keeping the whole thing parallel . . .
    Getting a little off track, I use the original 4x5 F clamp for my Norma cameras. This clamp does not permit any kind of tilt. If I want to tilt a camera, I can use the tripod head.

Thanks for all the responses. A view camera having no movements being way up there in $$$ boggles my mind since its construction is so simple & basic. But anyways, am in the process of following a lead for acquiring a Polaroid MP-4 for very little if at all any money for the Museum. Still have in storage (shelves in one far corner of the basement) many accessories for a MP-4 including a COPYMATE II 4 lamp lighting unit (with extra bulbs). But more importantly still have a 12cm E. Leitz Wetzlar Summar (mounted on the front of Copal shutter) that exceeds any of the Polaroid Tominon optics. Thanks again for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. A view camera having no movements being way up there in $$$ boggles my mind since its construction is so simple & basic. But anyways, am in the process of following a lead for acquiring a Polaroid MP-4 for very little if at all any money for the Museum. Still have in storage (shelves in one far corner of the basement) many accessories for a MP-4 including a COPYMATE II 4 lamp lighting unit (with extra bulbs). But more importantly still have a 12cm E. Leitz Wetzlar Summar (mounted on the front of Copal shutter) that exceeds any of the Polaroid Tominon optics. Thanks again for all the info.
    Bare in mind:
    These copy cameras are made to very fine tolerances.
    There is an extremely small market for them.