Thread: HELP!!! 14" Veritar problem

HELP!!! 14" Veritar problem

I bought a 14" Wollensak Verito in great shape and I can't get the rear lens element and retaining ring off the shutter to mount it through the lens board. I had removed both one time, and they slid off easily, and very easily went back on with no forcing. So I'm kind of perplexed why it won't budge now.

Anyway, what's a safe way to remove it without just applying brute force??? I'm wondering if perhaps the retaining ring is up against the rear element and needs to be moved the other way first....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7108.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	194048
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Re: HELP!!! 14" Veritar problem

Fixed. Sorry 'bout the panic! Is there something I should use that is safe/proactively on threads to keep them from seizing in the future?
    David Aimone Photography

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

A very small amount of candle/bee's wax on the threads. Don't use oil, as that will haze the inside of the lens over time. Not a big deal as it cleans off, but still... And of course, don't torque it on too hard, just snug.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

In all seriousness, the oil from the side of your nose. Run a finger over your nose, wipe the threads, gently back the thread up til it, "drops" then tread on. Repeat every few months. Very old trick from a medical photographer.

I know a fisherman who does that when he puts his fishing poles together...

Quote Originally Posted by Hailwood View Post
    In all seriousness, the oil from the side of your nose. Run a finger over your nose, wipe the threads, gently back the thread up til it, "drops" then tread on. Repeat every few months. Very old trick from a medical photographer.
    David Aimone Photography