Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the price in For Sale threads be undeletable after the sale is completed?

Re: Should the price in For Sale threads be undeletable after the sale is completed?

And that's a really bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Members are welcome to do that if they wish.
    Tin Can

Re: Should the price in For Sale threads be undeletable after the sale is completed?

So, it functions like a 'Dating Site' where you publicly post a solicitation and carry out the transaction in private, deleting the trail.

I misunderstood the forum here as an instrument for sharing information and ideas.

I think there's much to be gained by keeping it simple. The FS/FT forum is a listing service, period. By it's nature, such a listing is public, and I think it's reasonable to have a framework around how that public listing can occur.

What can ensue is a conversation between two members about that listing, and by it's own nature, that conversation is private. I do not think it makes sense to have some sort of defined framework around how a private conversation should occur, or what should be reported from such a conversation.